Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 12:12 PM

Re: What's happening with BREXIT !!

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Well the Swiss seem to have more sense than us then ??
You have just listed all the reasons we need to walk away !!
Let's GTF OUT !
The Tory party have never intended to to GET BREXIT DONE , the
few tories that did have now completely shut up regarding brexit?
I suppose the the rest of the party have intimidated them into
keeping quiet ??
There is talk of getting rid of Boris over covid, but imo it's no good
just getting rid of Boris over that, the whole Tory party should be
dumped over failing with brexit??

As l have often said before,. " brexit ain't over yet !!" .
I agree.

I had assumed that it was only Boris, who was either a closet remoaner or was just too weak to follow through with a true Brexit.

It seems that it could now be pressure from other Conservative MPs (no doubt including Remoaner May).

If, as I suspect, there is now an even larger majority of Brexiters in this country, I'd suggest that what should happen would be the publication of a list of all known remoaner MPs and Brexiter MPs in the Conservative party so that it is absolutely clear to everyone who they are voting for.

In my case, if my present Conservative MP was to be shown to be a remoaner, she would certainly lose my vote and I'd hope that all Brexiter voters would decide similarly.

The other option, which has been done before of course, would be to remove the whip from any MPs who oppose the government line of leaving the EU completely.

If the root cause of the problem still proves to be Boris having second thoughts, it is down to the Conservative party to appoint an alternative leader and PM assuming, of course, that they hope to retain the number of voters supporting them in 2024.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree.

I had assumed that it was only Boris, who was either a closet remoaner or was just too weak to follow through with a true Brexit.

It seems that it could now be pressure from other Conservative MPs (no doubt including Remoaner May).

If, as I suspect, there is now an even larger majority of Brexiters in this country, I'd suggest that what should happen would be the publication of a list of all known remoaner MPs and Brexiter MPs in the Conservative party so that it is absolutely clear to everyone who they are voting for.

In my case, if my present Conservative MP was to be shown to be a remoaner, she would certainly lose my vote and I'd hope that all Brexiter voters would decide similarly.

The other option, which has been done before of course, would be to remove the whip from any MPs who oppose the government line of leaving the EU completely.

If the root cause of the problem still proves to be Boris having second thoughts, it is down to the Conservative party to appoint an alternative leader and PM assuming, of course, that they hope to retain the number of voters supporting them in 2024.

I don't think the Tory party could be trusted again JBR ?
That's exactly what happened with Boris !
Only another general election could solve this fight between the
electorate and the majority in the whole of the present parliament ?
It should have been solved allready but Boris ducked out when
push came to shov and ended up signing the POS we are
stuck with now ??
As you say, we need a completely new party !! BUT???

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I don't think the Tory party could be trusted again JBR ?
That's exactly what happened with Boris !
Only another general election could solve this fight between the
electorate and the majority in the whole of the present parliament ?
It should have been solved allready but Boris ducked out when
push came to shov and ended up signing the POS we are
stuck with now ??
As you say, we need a completely new party !! BUT???
But who are we all going to vote for?

I think Boris was hoping for the Labour party to shrink beyond all recognition, and that has now happened, so he probably feels that only his party remains in the running.

As I've said before, I'll vote for Reform UK, but it appears that most people find it too difficult to change from what they already know.

So I wonder who's going to gain all the votes if nothing's done about Brexit before 2024.

Politicians may be dishonest, but they're not stupid. I foresee more parties offering a full Brexit coming up to 2024, even the desperate Labour party!

But who can we trust?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
But who are we all going to vote for?

I think Boris was hoping for the Labour party to shrink beyond all recognition, and that has now happened, so he probably feels that only his party remains in the running.

As I've said before, I'll vote for Reform UK, but it appears that most people find it too difficult to change from what they already know.

So I wonder who's going to gain all the votes if nothing's done about Brexit before 2024.

Politicians may be dishonest, but they're not stupid. I foresee more parties offering a full Brexit coming up to 2024, even the desperate Labour party!

But who can we trust?

But, But! But !
We can never trust them again?? Any of them !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top