Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:17 PM

Re: Virgin Media

All these companies are a rip off. They insist on a very expensive phone line rental which nobody needs.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I feel the same way about them. They are rude and arrogant.

They assume customers know how their systems should work even though the self service section of the customer account interface is rubbish. But they make you feel that you should have understood how to do whatever you have phoned them about yourself.

I guess they have taken over huge swathes of the market by providing what is in effect a monopoly service.

It's very difficult to cancel too. They have made it easier than it used to be but it's still hard work and they try to phone you with a sales pitch to stop the cancellation.
Oh when push comes to shove, they'll have their work cut out with me.
I assure you, once I decide to leave it will be surprisingly easy whatever they try to say or do.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I saw that, but no, they're limiting their free storage to 15Gb, I believe.
I'm nowhere near that.
They also stated that they'd give plenty of warning to customers to purchase additional storage.
Does that affect hotmail? I seem to have a hotmail account that is somehow linked to gmail....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I have been with them since Christmas and there have been no problems at all. One enquiry I had with a scammer trying to overthrow my line in favour of theirs, was dealt with efficiently & quickly by a Yorkshire man, and all was well. However, I must balance this with a neighbours experience of BT, who has had problems switching over and they mucked it up a bit because she wanted to keep her old telephone number and they gave her a new one. She had to do without everything for an additional two weeks while they sorted out a new contract for her, but all is well with her now.
So it's BT then? Thanks PK.

Yes, we Yorkshiremen don't muck about!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

31-05-2021, 10:22 PM

BT always seem to leave people without internet for weeks when they first set up the account.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-05-2021, 10:24 PM

Does that affect hotmail? I seem to have a hotmail account that is somehow linked to gmail....
I don't know about Hotmail. I haven't heard that it's linked to Gmail either.

Nevertheless, what I said last about Gmail limitations to 15Gb, please check yourself in case I made a mistake.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:37 PM

BT always seem to leave people without internet for weeks when they first set up the account.
It usually takes about 2 weeks anyway? With the last three companies I was with, that's what it took.....Plusnet (do NOT recommend), EE, very good but slow speeds, excellent customer service, and BT.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-05-2021, 10:41 PM

All these companies are a rip off. They insist on a very expensive phone line rental which nobody needs.
No. I put my foot down there. I don't pay extra for their phone line. I use VOIP, but then that's another £10 a month.

I really must have a word with Marge about changing. That comes to £50 a month.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

31-05-2021, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
It usually takes about 2 weeks anyway? With the last three companies I was with, that's what it took.....Plusnet (do NOT recommend), EE, very good but slow speeds, excellent customer service, and BT.
Last couple of times it was a smooth transfer on the day of the change. No loss of internet. Just a pfaff with the router password etc.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 06:59 AM

Oh I didn't know that could be done. Hmm, well when it comes time to change, I'll be insisting on no gap in my service then!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top