Join for free
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 11:58 AM

child with virus

The wee boy next door has the virus..he's 6 years old...his dad has been sent home from work to isolate for 10 days....it seems that there's a few schools where young pupils have got it ...I'm glad we've had both our jags, but it's worrying
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 12:13 PM

Re: child with virus

Originally Posted by paula ->
The wee boy next door has the virus..he's 6 years old...his dad has been sent home from work to isolate for 10 days....it seems that there's a few schools where young pupils have got it ...I'm glad we've had both our jags, but it's worrying
That is worrying to learn that a 6yr old has been smitten with that cursed Chinese virus. So much for assurances that children do not 'catch' the blighter! As you say, its good that 2nd jabs have been given and us two feel the same.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 01:49 PM

Its a shame for the family.....I hear that the schools are finding it really difficult to keep the place clean, for obvious reasons, and the lack of staff. Schools are hotbeds of viruses anyway Hope they all recover.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 02:33 PM

Oh poor little lad, I do hope he doesn't become very ill with it, and that his family remain covid-free.

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
So much for assurances that children do not 'catch' the blighter!
I don't believe it's ever been officially claimed that children do not catch Covid 19, just that if they do get it they tend to have very mild symptoms and only very rarely become seriously ill with it.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

02-06-2021, 04:54 PM

My son in law had the virus so the rest of the family was tested. My daughter was positive and so was our oldest grandson age twelve but he had no symptoms. Our youngest grandson tested negative, so you can never be sure who it will affect or how.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
Yes it’s in at least one primary school here too . I read year 1 and. year 5 affected just before Bank Holiday .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 07:15 PM

Are you sure it was said children couldn't get it? I may be wrong but I was always under the impression that IF, they caught it it would only be mild.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Are you sure it was said children couldn't get it? I may be wrong but I was always under the impression that IF, they caught it it would only be mild.
It may be just the luck of the draw. When my wife and I caught it, our 13yr old granddaughter was with us at the time, but she tested negative 5 days later and again 14 days later.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top