Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 07:50 PM

Men only. No women

In the U.S., the Selective Service, (the U.S. draft for military service) has always mandated that only men may be drafted into military service.

2 men, with the backing of several civil rights groups have challenged that law, claiming that it is discrimination against men. The selective service mandates that on his 18th birthday every male MUST report and register for the draft. This is the only remaining gender based Federal law.

The law has been challenged in The Supreme Court of the United States. Unfortunately, the Supreme Court has refused to look at this discriminatory law claiming that it is up to Congress and not the Judiciary.

I say 'unfortunately' because women have demanded equal protection under the law. In my opinion, women can not, will not, ever achieve equality unless they also bear equal responsibility.

Note: it is not absolutely necessary for women to actually be in ground combat. However, some women do make it into combat provided they have volunteered; example pilots. There are thousands of other military jobs that women are able to do besides combat.

The main point I make is that when women are REQUIRED to have their lives disrupted and forced into positions they wound not otherwise choose, only then will they bear full responsibility.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 08:06 PM

Re: Men only. No women

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Men only. No women
In that case, I'll keep the women company.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 08:06 PM

bakerman, are you saying women are irresponsible and don't know how to fight?!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->

Not the women in the Israeli army!!

Sorry Bakerman that l was born a woman..... l must remember to make an appointment for a sex change so that l can post properly on here!!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 08:25 PM

"However, some women do make it into combat provided they have volunteered; example pilots."

I think someone who has volunteered is acting more responsibly than someone who has been forced to do it.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Sorry Bakerman that l was born a woman.....
That must have been quite an ordeal for your mother, Art.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 08:32 PM

In the U.S., the Selective Service, (the U.S. draft for military service) has always mandated that only men may be drafted into military service.

2 men, with the backing of several civil rights groups have challenged that law, claiming that it is discrimination against men. The selective service mandates that on his 18th birthday every male MUST report and register for the draft. This is the only remaining gender based Federal law.

The law has been challenged in The Supreme Court of the United States. Unfortunately, the Supreme Court has refused to look at this discriminatory law claiming that it is up to Congress and not the Judiciary.

I say 'unfortunately' because women have demanded equal protection under the law. In my opinion, women can not, will not, ever achieve equality unless they also bear equal responsibility.

Note: it is not absolutely necessary for women to actually be in ground combat. However, some women do make it into combat provided they have volunteered; example pilots. There are thousands of other military jobs that women are able to do besides combat.

The main point I make is that when women are REQUIRED to have their lives disrupted and forced into positions they wound not otherwise choose, only then will they bear full responsibility.

Every man should be made to give birth!!....😂🤣😮.....then breast feed it....😂🤣
Harbal
South Yorkshire

07-06-2021, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Every man should be made to give birth!!....😂🤣😮.....then breast feed it....😂🤣
And the technical details of this proclamation would be ironed out by someone else, presumably, Pauline.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I am saying that if there is going to be equality between men and women, then by God, let's have true equality ie: no special exemption for women.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

07-06-2021, 09:37 PM

I am saying that if there is going to be equality between men and women, then by God, let's have true equality ie: no special exemption for women.

Women have been denied rights that men have taken for granted since the beginning of history. After hundreds of years of being down trodden, they are only just starting to achieve equal status to men. I don't mind them having one or two "special exemptions" after all they've had to put up with.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top