Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 11:46 AM

Re: A thought for Wednesday

And if you've been stabbed or shot or broken a bone? Or been poisoned? Or developed a cancer? It's a pretty little quote but no longer valid.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
If I were Volty, would have substituted Appeasing for Amusing.
Yes I agree, a better choice of word Spitty....
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 11:52 AM

"Volty"
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
And if you've been stabbed or shot or broken a bone? Or been poisoned? Or developed a cancer? It's a pretty little quote but no longer valid.
As I said earlier Todger, we mustn't take these quotes too literal...

However, all the things you mentioned would be repaired by your own body, with help from the medical profession obviously.
The treatment of Cancer has better outcomes if the patient has 'positive mental attitude' even the doctors will tell you that.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 11:55 AM

Voltaire is well out of date on this one.

Doctors never have given anything for colds have they? ..or the ones I've been going to all my life haven't mentioned anything. A few things I've used can help to take the edges off the effects of it though.

The immune system certainly is a factor in overcoming illnesses but medical treatments and vaccinations have been effective against quite a few diseases and illnesses that the immune system hasn't been able to overcome.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

09-06-2021, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Voltaire is well out of date on this one.

Doctors never have given anything for colds have they? ..or the ones I've been going to all my life haven't mentioned anything. A few things I've used can help to take the edges off the effects of it though.

The immune system certainly is a factor in overcoming illnesses but medical treatments and vaccinations have been effective against quite a few diseases and illnesses that the immune system hasn't been able to overcome.
A factor mart?......

Your immune system is working twenty four seven, just ask someone with Aids who doesn't have a strong, or even none existent, immune system how long they would last without meds....The bacteria on their skin would kill them within a week. A common cold would be the end, even an infected wound from a thorn would be life threatening. You owe your life to the continuing work of your immune system and your body's ability to repair itself. Doctors can only 'assist' because once your immune system fails you are history....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 12:14 PM

Was Genetic Mutation around before we knew about Genetics?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A factor mart?......

Your immune system is working twenty four seven, just ask someone with Aids who doesn't have a strong, or even none existent, immune system how long they would last without meds....The bacteria on their skin would kill them within a week. A common cold would be the end, even an infected wound from a thorn would be life threatening. You owe your life to the continuing work of your immune system and your body's ability to repair itself. Doctors can only 'assist' because once your immune system fails you are history....
Which demonstrates that the quote by Voltaire is invalid.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A factor mart?......:044
I'm glad we give each other a laugh.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

09-06-2021, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Was Genetic Mutation around before we knew about Genetics?
Certainly was. Apart from anything else random genetic changes reinforced by environmental factors is what led to racial differences.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top