Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 12:01 AM

Locked out

I am having problems with my Amazon account. I can not sign in using my password. I have tried and tried to get directly to Amazon's customer service chat, to no avail. However, trying to do so only takes me to the sign in page.

I did manage to get to the change password page , but in order to change my password Amazon requires that I "tap on" the link which they send me via my cell phone. Unfortunately, my cell phone is an older type and it does not have a way to move a cursor OR to "tap on" anything.

Anyone have any ideas of how I can contact Amazon on my laptop. Also, I am too deaf to use a phone to call Amazon.

Thank you for any suggestions
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 08:17 AM

Re: Locked out

I have no help to give, BM - I did have a poke around the "contact us" bit and you are right when it always takes you back to the sign in page. Its very odd that they cannot be contacted outwith the sign in. Do you have anyone close by that could phone for you? Either that or you make another account - is that an option?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 12:59 PM

Why not pop your sim into a friend's smartphone just to receive the message and reply to the link?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 04:18 PM

Thank you, Pixie and Barry. Some good ideas there. I'll see if any of those work.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top