Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:32 AM

That Was a Bit Unexpected?

Ever had a experience like this?

My Daughter, living in Surrey, goes out the front door, just like any other day!

She hears a strange noise & realises that a tree is falling, across the main road, in front of her house.

Spotting a car approaching she runs towards it waving for it to stop, which it does.

The tree continues to fall, pulls down the overhead power lines, and crashes down on the bonnet of the car - the Lady driver just gets out in time as her car is electrified & crushed.

My daughter's neighbour is trapped, in the house, with a massive tree across the front.

The authorities rush in and do their thing, including reopening the road & getting power restored.

It turns out that that the tree was in the garden of a house bought for development, by people resident in Canada!

They say the equivalent of "sod off - we can't help"

Turns out their paid garden man came by & expressed concerns about the tree a month ago!

Lots of lovely invoices are being prepared.

Anyone else had a saga like this?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:51 AM

Re: That Was a Bit Unexpected?

Certainly a dangerous incident by the sounds of it, but good news anyway that no-one was hurt.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Ever had a experience like this?

My Daughter, living in Surrey, goes out the front door, just like any other day!

She hears a strange noise & realises that a tree is falling, across the main road, in front of her house.

Spotting a car approaching she runs towards it waving for it to stop, which it does.

The tree continues to fall, pulls down the overhead power lines, and crashes down on the bonnet of the car - the Lady driver just gets out in time as her car is electrified & crushed.

My daughter's neighbour is trapped, in the house, with a massive tree across the front.

The authorities rush in and do their thing, including reopening the road & getting power restored.

It turns out that that the tree was in the garden of a house bought for development, by people resident in Canada!

They say the equivalent of "sod off - we can't help"

Turns out their paid garden man came by & expressed concerns about the tree a month ago!

Lots of lovely invoices are being prepared.

Anyone else had a saga like this?
It sounds like if someone lives in another country, they have no responsibility for anything caused by their property in this country!

Is this true? An interesting situation.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 12:23 PM

Flippin' 'eck, that was a close shave for the driver of the car! Well done your daughter, what a hero - she probably saved that woman's life
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 01:13 PM

Wow what a horrible experience! I am so glad nobody was hurt! I don't agree with the lack of responsibility being shown here - its outrageous! If you buy a house, its your duty to look after it, surely??!!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Wow what a horrible experience! I am so glad nobody was hurt! I don't agree with the lack of responsibility being shown here - its outrageous! If you buy a house, its your duty to look after it, surely??!!
Deepest Surrey, close to the canal & all the "things south" would be a golden investment for someone wanting to make a fortune.

Lots of foreign investors in that area.

Buy it, put in a visiting watchman, and double the price in 5 years!

Tedc
Berkshire, UK

12-06-2021, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Flippin' 'eck, that was a close shave for the driver of the car! Well done your daughter, what a hero - she probably saved that woman's life
My daughter thinks she didn't do anything special, just saw what was happening, and ran, waving her arms about.

She thinks we all run towards danger if needed!

She thinks the driver might he been too pre-occupied to see her. Not surprising.

I did say that touching the car door might not have been a good idea!

Anyway the Lady was pressed to get checked out, by the Medics, but said she was fine.

And it's my Daughter's birthday today.

Life goes on!

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 02:03 PM

Well done to your daughter, I say.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 02:38 PM

Yes, well done to your daughter, she saved what could have been a fatal accident...
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

12-06-2021, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Well done to your daughter, I say.
Thank You, Jazzi!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top