Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 01:37 AM

Re: The Sheer Arrogance of Guy Verhofstadt in Full Colour Tonight.

started to watch then fell asleep so missed it
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
This from the Spectator.

Oh dear, looks like Mike Gapes of Change UK was caught out of its UK funding.

With less than a month to go until the EU elections, and with Nigel’s Brexit Party surging in the polls, pressure is continuing to build on Change UK - the Independent Group, who performance has been far less impressive than its rival.

Seeking to change that, was Change UK MP Mike Gapes, who went on Iain Dale’s LBC radio show to sell his party to the public. The former Labour MP started off strongly, by attacking the source of the Brexit Party’s funds, saying:

“Well, it’ll be interesting to see the huge amounts of funding Nigel Farage has had from various dubious sources”

Unfortunately, it was quickly pointed out to Gapes that the Brexit Party had already revealed that it received one large donations of £200,000, but was otherwise funded by 90,000 donations of £25.

By comparison, would Change UK tell the public where it was getting its money from? Apparently not. Although Gapes suggested that ‘all political parties need to be transparent about our sources of income and where we are getting it from’, but when asked how many donations his party had actually received, he could only reply:

“I don’t know. I honestly can’t tell you how many donations we’ve had. I know we’ve had lots of small donations from people and our whole campaign is being funded by the money that is donated by people who believe that we need to remain in the European Union."

Doh! What an idiot.

So the skint slime all Farage won’t reveal who’ finding him and comes up with pathetic excuses

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news....evant-11712497

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/s...lary-zw7m6n6ff

In nearly 20 years as an MEP he failed to work for the best interests of the UK in Europe and spent what little time he was actually there just trying to disrupt the EU. Truly disgusting behaviour .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 06:55 AM

Missed it...I think I'm all BREXITed out
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
So the skint slime all Farage won’t reveal who’ finding him and comes up with pathetic excuses

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news....evant-11712497

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/s...lary-zw7m6n6ff

In nearly 20 years as an MEP he failed to work for the best interests of the UK in Europe and spent what little time he was actually there just trying to disrupt the EU. Truly disgusting behaviour .

The best interest for the UK is out of the EU - Farage has done a brilliant job of that. All Farage has to do is report his donors to the electoral commission - he has met all his obligations but if a person wishes to remain anonymous, then that wish should be respected, which he has also done.

I'm sure Farage's donor who gave them the 100K is a UK citizen, a UK registered company and with a UK address. It's not like Gina Millers grubby remain campaign to try and shaft UK democracy by accepting 400K from George Soros - who, incidentally is Hungarian.

I take it that you will campaign for a remain party to become an MEP ? If not, why not ?

Is it because you can't be bothered, you're not up to the job, or both ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 09:11 AM

Yes JB I watched half of it and will watch it all I had to take Chloe out...
On the UK's side I observed a lack of urgency and real commitment,
..on the EU's side petty rivalries between Verhofstadt who represents the EU Parliament with his 'steering group'( and who gave the impression he was concerned about being sidelined and thought he should be in charge of the whole thing ) and the EU Commission and Barnier.

There was an air of incredulity from the EU at the outset that we would dare to consider leaving and also a degree of animosity from some on the steering group.

All in all I wouldn't trust any of them to run a parish council meeting let alone to preside over our departure from the EU.

Time to forget about negotiations if this is the best that can be offered in terms of of EU brains and just leave.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Yes JB I watched half of it and will watch it all I had to take Chloe out...
On the UK's side I observed a lack of urgency and real commitment,
..on the EU's side petty rivalries between Verhofstadt who represents the EU Parliament with his 'steering group'( and who gave the impression he was concerned about being sidelined and thought he should be in charge of the whole thing ) and the EU Commission and Barnier.

There was an air of incredulity from the EU at the outset that we would dare to consider leaving and also animosity and ill will some on the steering group.

All in all I wouldn't trust any of them to run a parish council meeting let alone to preside over our departure from the EU.

Time to forget about negotiations if this is the best that can be offered in terms of of EU brains and just leave.
Hi

I think that the most telling thing is that the EU Idiots have still managed to run rings around our idiots.

To be outwitted by the likes of Juncker annoys me.

It is to be hoped that our next negotiating team is composed of more intelligent and focused politicians.

It might be lead by Corbyn and Abbott..
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 09:35 AM

Yes watched it all

Interesting they do not understand the Irish situation at all

Verhofstadt was upset that his country was where the rest of Europe came to fight its wars well get over it

Time to bomb the lot of them job sorted
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I think that the most telling thing is that the EU Idiots have still managed to run rings around our idiots.

To be outwitted by the likes of Juncker annoys me.

It is to be hoped that our next negotiating team is composed of more intelligent and focused politicians.

It might be lead by Corbyn and Abbott..
I agree Swimm and I was just stunned at the lack of professionalism on all sides.

I am not sure how many people watched the programme but it should be a vote catcher for the Brexit party.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

09-05-2019, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
Yes watched it all

Interesting they do not understand the Irish situation at all

Verhofstadt was upset that his country was where the rest of Europe came to fight its wars well get over it

Time to bomb the lot of them job sorted
Vanily I haven't yet got to the part about the Irish Situation but I would have been surprised if they did understand it .
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The best interest for the UK is out of the EU - Farage has done a brilliant job of that. All Farage has to do is report his donors to the electoral commission - he has met all his obligations but if a person wishes to remain anonymous, then that wish should be respected, which he has also done.

I'm sure Farage's donor who gave them the 100K is a UK citizen, a UK registered company and with a UK address. It's not like Gina Millers grubby remain campaign to try and shaft UK democracy by accepting 400K from George Soros - who, incidentally is Hungarian.

I take it that you will campaign for a remain party to become an MEP ? If not, why not ?

Is it because you can't be bothered, you're not up to the job, or both ?

Good lad, at least he is making some good use of the money he made from currency speculation on Black Wednesday as well as giving most of his personal wealth to Human Rights organisations.

Who is incidentally Hungarian/American, bit like Johnson who incidentally is British/American.
Is that the same as being married to a German and having 2 kids with both British and German passports (nothing wrong with that by the way, that's how it should be, a good working UNION)

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top