Join for free
Page 7 of 14 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 12:54 PM

Re: Could the European Elections herald the end of the EU?

Originally Posted by galty ->
EU election results to be declared after 10pm today

Will be interesting
Galty just seen this...

National estimates are expected to start coming from 5pm, and a European Parliament-wide results projection will be released at 10.15pm this evening after the last polling station on the continent has closed.

Provisional results for Britain will be released around 11pm. This and the final Europe-wide results will be updated through the night.
There is the official EU listing here...

https://www.election-results.eu/
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Another factor that may contribute to the demise of the EU.
Have you also looked up how often the UK was investigated compared to other countries?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 01:27 PM

Galty just seen this...

Hi Meg, is that European time 11 pm as they are one hour ahead of us.?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 01:31 PM

Galty just seen this...

Thanks for the link Meg, I've bookmarked it for tonight.

Should be interesting, will need some matchsticks to keep my eyes open.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
And before you add the inevitable insults against our own negotiating team to-date, I, and probably 17.4 million others, would agree one hundred per cent with you.
Living in a country where freedom of expression is one of the pillars of your democracy without ever being offended? It seems impossible to me. Being offended is subjective. It has everything to do with you as an individual, your family, your environment, the culture where you grew up, the possible religion that you adhere to. What offends you does not have to offend me and what offends me does not have to offend you.
If facts offend you, learn to live with the reality of them.

Being offended is a choice. And giving attention to people who feel offended is too. I won't waste any more words on it.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Just been to vote
Polling station absolutely crammed
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

26-05-2019, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Living in a country where freedom of expression is one of the pillars of your democracy without ever being offended? It seems impossible to me. Being offended is subjective. It has everything to do with you as an individual, your family, your environment, the culture where you grew up, the possible religion that you adhere to. What offends you does not have to offend me and what offends me does not have to offend you.
If facts offend you, learn to live with the reality of them.

Being offended is a choice. And giving attention to people who feel offended is too. I won't waste any more words on it.
Good grief, that was a mouthful! A simple smiley as a reply would have sufficed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 02:11 PM

Good heavens! I've just been reading through the last couple of pages which have confirmed beyond all doubt the level of corruption present in the leadership of the EU.

Strangely, these reports seem never to have been publicised by the BBC.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 02:48 PM

Italy are going to be interesting to watch tonight as are France. With France seeing a 4% rise in turnout by mid day .... it's only for one reason !

That will be 3 member states - 3 out of the top 4 contributors pushing back at the European union and more important, admitting to its failure.

There is a strong message going to be delivered tonight ...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by bread ->
italy are going to be interesting to watch tonight as are france. With france seeing a 4% rise in turnout by mid day .... It's only for one reason !

That will be 3 member states - 3 out of the top 4 contributors pushing back at the european union and more important, admitting to its failure.

There is a strong message going to be delivered tonight ...

Page 7 of 14 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top