Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 06:39 PM

Help! Clever tech nerds needed!

My olde ME PC is up and running!
I have a brilliant program on it called Microsoft Picture It Photo and Print Studio (Silver Tabby would love it!)

Better to play with photos and to understand than Photoshop, easy to use, you can make oodles of crafty stuff, cards etc.

However....

You can only save pictures etc. as a file of that program, not jPeg or anything else. The PC won't install a printer, I had a Lexmark when I first had it which would print on anything but, as things go, nothing later than 2004 ish would install. Hence getting a laptop.

Right, so it doesn't go on t'internet, so can't email pics to myself to print, it wouldn't open them anyway methinks.
Is there a way to either change the format to save on a CD (yes remember them?) then to transfer to a flash drive on my old laptop, then onto my latest one so I can print?

...or am I chasing rainbows?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 07:14 PM

Re: Help! Clever tech nerds needed!

Picture It Photo used a proprietary picture format called MIX files.

If you have lots of old MIX files then your only course of action is to run them through a file converter of some kind. There are a few options for this. Read this article for details:

https://www.brighthub.com/computing/...les/90737.aspx
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 07:22 PM

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...EBE0&FORM=VIRE
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 07:23 PM

Can you save your work/images in any other format than MIX using the SaveAs option?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 07:29 PM

If the programme doesn't save to any other format, I would use the keyboard's 'Print Screen', to copy the screen to the Clipboard. Then paste the screen capture into another installed programme that does save pictures as jpegs. Crop to just the picture part and then save the result.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Can you save your work/images in any other format than MIX using the SaveAs option?
Nope.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

19-07-2019, 07:39 PM

Thanks folks! Had to put it away for the evening as it was taking up the room!
I'll try again tomorrow with your suggestions!
(I may need a grandchild to help me!)

TessA
Official Poinker
UK

25-07-2019, 08:25 AM

Forgot to mention that the PC doesn't do internet, it used to be dial up, no longer possible.
Would a dongle work?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
If the programme doesn't save to any other format, I would use the keyboard's 'Print Screen', to copy the screen to the Clipboard. Then paste the screen capture into another installed programme that does save pictures as jpegs. Crop to just the picture part and then save the result.
This is a good suggestion.

or

when right clicking the image, do you have the option: Save Image (not: Save Image Address), that will get it on the clipboard.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Forgot to mention that the PC doesn't do internet, it used to be dial up, no longer possible.
Would a dongle work?
You should know by now that a Dongle always works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top