Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 05:25 PM

Branson-Brexit="worst thing that's happened to Britain in my lifetime".

Richard Branson has been quoted as saying that Brexit is already costing his businesses tens of millions.

"You make a list of all the pluses and all the minuses and the minus list just grows. Nothing that was promised by the Brexit people is going to happen, not even immigration curbs. People are beginning to realise we need people from Europe to help our economy,"

You can knock him but this is a British self-made entrepreneur whose businesses are worth over £5billion. It employs thousands of people.

http://www.cityam.com/273010/virgin-...rexit-has-cost
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 05:29 PM

Re: Branson-Brexit="worst thing that's happened to Britain in my lifetime".

He is a fine one to talk when he has run away to a carribean island of his own
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 05:52 PM

Can't say I've ever actually been bothered to take a great deal of interest in the man he ran off to a tax haven, as soon as he could. If he cared about uk he'd be here paying his taxes.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 06:51 PM

He was a remainer so is going to bleat ,but isnt he thinking of himself and how its hitting him .
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
He was a remainer so is going to bleat ,but isnt he thinking of himself and how its hitting him .
Exactly Eliza.
Exactly.
I never could stand that pompous know all, know nothing creep anyway.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 07:44 PM

Hi

His Companies employ a lot of people here in the UK and pay corporation tax here.

He himself doesn't pay a lot of tax here.

Any loss in profit for Companies based in the UK means less Tax for the Government to fund things.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 07:46 PM

I still say if he loves uk he'd pay tax here.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Exactly Eliza.
Exactly.
I never could stand that pompous know all, know nothing creep anyway.
Who gives a stuff what he thinks anyway boozy....

Just like I couldn't give a stuff what people like Lineker, Allen, Geldof and the like think.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I still say if he loves uk he'd pay tax here.
But he's a hypocrite Julie, like many celebs....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Richard Branson has been quoted as saying that Brexit is already costing his businesses tens of millions.
Poor thing!

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
"You make a list of all the pluses and all the minuses and the minus list just grows. Nothing that was promised by the Brexit people is going to happen, not even immigration curbs. People are beginning to realise we need people from Europe to help our economy,"
One 'plus' overrides all the 'minuses' in my opinion: the restoration of our sovereignty.

We have been a sovereign nation since 1066 and if we remain in the EU it is more than likely that we shall soon lose our position as an independent nation. All the signs are there: the Euro, the EU Army, the ECJ, etc.

It worries me that, after all this time, we should become just another region within a European superstate that some have been calling 'The Fourth Reich' on the grounds that the perception is that Germany would, in effect, be in complete control. That almost happened twice in the last century, and many believe that this is just a third attempt.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top