Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 11:46 AM

Re: The European Commission's influence on law making

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
There is a big risk that will backfire and we will end up less democratic. Based on his radio broadcasts Farage is planning a shake up which is amazing given he has no political office. He spends every programme saying the most awful things about the PM. I cannot believe people here are criticising the EU for its process when we have an unelected busybody back seat driving policy here.
I think he actually feels sorry for her, it's not like he says nice things about corbyn either so I don't think he's being personally nasty about her.

You are right though it's important we all get more involved after brexit and hold them responsible for actually representing us instead of ruling us.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 11:55 AM

These are very aggressive personal attacks day after day on the PM saying she is useless ans should go. He seems to be on the radio every time I tune in and his views are increasingly hostile and rude.

We have a devolved democracy so we the voters hand power over to politicians. Ordinary people have no say. Was brexit really about anarchy?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 11:59 AM

He has his 4 day evening show and one on Sunday morning. Keeps me company as I work in the evenings, he's the antidote to the chap in the morning that says awful things about Nigel. Truly vile things about anyone voted to leave Eu.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 12:18 PM

James O Brien? Breath of fresh air imo ☺
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

13-11-2017, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
James O Brien? Breath of fresh air imo ☺
As a leaver he's gone from being a breath of fresh air in the mornings for me to most nasty personally abusive presenter lbc have ever employed. I get Farrage isn't everyone's cup of tea but he does let every caller have their say even if they aren't a fan of his, he has my admiration for not snapping back at some callers, but James doesn't do that he calls anyone happens to disagree with his stance on eu racists xenophobes and other nasty names.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
As a leaver he's gone from being a breath of fresh air in the mornings for me to most nasty personally abusive presenter lbc have ever employed. I get Farrage isn't everyone's cup of tea but he does let every caller have their say even if they aren't a fan of his, he has my admiration for not snapping back at some callers, but James doesn't do that he calls anyone happens to disagree with his stance on eu racists xenophobes and other nasty names.
I agree, Julie. O'Brien is a nasty , intolerant angry little man.

I'm not a fan of Farage but at least he is a good advocate of his beliefs and doesn't get abusive ( not that I've heard at least) whereas o'Brien would have been put on his arse many times if he had the bottle to say what he does to people's faces instead of hiding away in his studio.

The guy is a chicken sh*t naus!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top