Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:56 PM

Re: Brexit is like ‘swapping three-course meal for packet of crisps’

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The perfectly good wealth that is concentrated in hands of the priviliged few and a couple of million cronies, the chattering elite , whilst tens of millions struggle and miss on our bounty.
People have had opportunities that they don't even realise. It's rubbish that wealth is there for a few. Just those who can make it don't have faith in themselves. There is a culture of failure that's endemic, even trendy among some groups. Brexit won't fix that.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's funny that you think that. I've had to struggle most of my life seeing those around me have an easier life because of a cushy start. I'm not going into my deprived childhood or early adulthood but I'm not from a wealthy family or privileged background. I've had to work hard all my life. What difference should it make to the facts?
The difference is in your inability to understand the motives and empathise with the reasoning of a large number of the 17.5 million.

Instead you choose to hector and lecture.

You've forgotten your roots or choose not to engage them in to your reasoning.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 11:28 PM

People have had opportunities that they don't even realise. It's rubbish that wealth is there for a few. Just those who can make it don't have faith in themselves. There is a culture of failure that's endemic, even trendy among some groups. Brexit won't fix that.
Too simple........
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
And on same day the opposite opinion has been out there too. Tbh no one knows what will happen in ten days let alone ten years so we take a chance either way.

Only about 8 percent of our businesses sell into Eu I heard today and the other 92 percent don't seem as worried about it all.

One thing I'm most excited about is hearing we can go our own way worth animal cruelty so will be able tp ban fur, until now any hope of that within Europe, has been shouted down by Denmark and other fur producers.
Hi

That is one of the most insane posts I have ever seen.

It is completely factually incorrect.

Denmark has banned both Halal and Kosher slaughter, Poland is doing the same.

It has nothing to do with the EU at all.

As for Trade, 130,000 businesses here in the UK export to the EU and 40% of our Trade is with them.

130,000 Businesses will have additional costs for the first time.

We are not only leaving the EU,we are leaving the 40 odd Trade Deals we have with other Countries.

The EU are completing Trade Deals with Canada, South Korea and Japan, EU Businesses will have the advantage of them, our industry will not.

We will have to negotiate our own.

None of this is unsolvable, but so far we have not done anything successful to resolve the issues.

The reality is we have messed up so much we have complaints against us to the WTO.

We are now asking,not just for a 2 year Transition,but an unlimited Transition.

The two year transition is costing us £40 Billion,a huge amount of wasted money

There is no way on Earth we can control Immigration on leaving day.

The scoping Project for the new Immigration System will not even be completed until the end of this year.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 11:42 PM

The difference is in your inability to understand the motives and empathise with the reasoning of a large number of the 17.5 million.

Instead you choose to hector and lecture.

You've forgotten your roots or choose not to engage them in to your reasoning.
I do understand the motives I just don't empathise. Nowt to do with roots. People cling to roots only if they lack confidence.

But it's plain logic to anyone that crisps in the future vs a three course meal now are not a wholesome deal.

I've still not seen any facts to explain how Brexit is going to make us wealthier or more successful than we have been thus far. The arguments for don't stand up to any academic scrutiny. Even the brexiteers are giving up on it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

27-02-2018, 11:44 PM

Too simple........
so complicate it!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 12:38 AM

Brexit is like ‘swapping three-course meal for packet of crisps’
And still it continues!

We are leaving. What do these remainiacs hope to achieve?

If they should ever reverse the referendum decision, all will be lost and democracy will have ceased to exist in this country.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

One thing I'm most excited about is hearing we can go our own way worth animal cruelty so will be able tp ban fur, until now any hope of that within Europe, has been shouted down by Denmark and other fur producers.
As Swims says we have unstunned ritual slaughter and Denmark doesn't .We pander to our religious minorities by allowing animals to suffer .
Why ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
As Swims says we have unstunned ritual slaughter and Denmark doesn't .We pander to our religious minorities by allowing animals to suffer .
Why ?
Because our authorities are weak and afraid of upsetting the 'minorities' in case they react by letting off bombs and driving lorries into crowds.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Because our authorities are weak and afraid of upsetting the 'minorities' in case they react by letting off bombs and driving lorries into crowds.
Indeed I'm hopeful once we are out we will be making better choices of MPs and making big changes in how we do things. The idea if it isn't broken leave well alone is mad because it is clearly broken already and has been for years.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top