Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 01:43 PM

How do you listen to music?

I have a playlist on my son's Spotify account
And I've started loading songs on to my new phone's Google Play app
So for me it's nearly always through my phone with headphones or via Bluetooth in the car
The sound quality is brill

I do miss buying cds and playing them on the player at home though...I used to listen while ironing but now it's headphones...which is a bit anti-social!

Has anyone got an ipod or similar?
How do you upload music on to them?
I'm thinking of investing in a waterproof one for swimming but i know nothing about them.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 01:48 PM

Re: How do you listen to music?

Google Play Music which I access through my phones. I tend to use Bluetooth head/earphones.

I've got all my music uploaded there and pay a monthly subscription so I can listen to anything else they have (some 3M songs)

I've also got Classsical playlists on my phone.

iPods and the like have been badly damaged by streaming music: the only iPods you can buy now cost up to £300 and hold 32 to 128GB and they aren't worth it compared with a modest (£100) phone which will let you stream and cache music for offline listening.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 03:13 PM

Rhian...Blip.fm been using it since about 2007.
Tried Spotify a few years back because my kids reccomended it.
Just could not get on with it and if I remember rightly they wanted to charge. Something this tight bugger steers clear of is paying for music when I can get it free on Youtube and Blip.

Although I do have a nice collection of cd's that I have built up over the past 10years.I first started collecting to replace the vinyl I gave away but now I have exceeded that and my shelves are bending with the weight.
Plus Floyd is not helping I listen to his thread and realise that I ain't got some of the albums and order them off Amazon.The guy is costing me a small fortune.
Oneday I will sit down and sort them all out.

I have 2 i.pods kicking about that my grand daughter loaded a load of my music on.So when summer comes and I get out walking with Bonnie I will have some tunes to listen to.
Where the i.pods are not quite sure but if I remember you needed i.tunes on your computer to load the i.pods. I maybe wrong,hopefully some one will put you wise.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
How do you listen to music?
Personally, I find my ears are quite useful.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 03:48 PM

CD's at home. Never while driving, too distracting.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Rhian...Blip.fm been using it since about 2007.
Tried Spotify a few years back because my kids reccomended it.
Just could not get on with it and if I remember rightly they wanted to charge. Something this tight bugger steers clear of is paying for music when I can get it free on Youtube and Blip.

Although I do have a nice collection of cd's that I have built up over the past 10years.I first started collecting to replace the vinyl I gave away but now I have exceeded that and my shelves are bending with the weight.
Plus Floyd is not helping I listen to his thread and realise that I ain't got some of the albums and order them off Amazon.The guy is costing me a small fortune.
Oneday I will sit down and sort them all out.

I have 2 i.pods kicking about that my grand daughter loaded a load of my music on.So when summer comes and I get out walking with Bonnie I will have some tunes to listen to.
Where the i.pods are not quite sure but if I remember you needed i.tunes on your computer to load the i.pods. I maybe wrong,hopefully some one will put you wise.
Thank you Longfellow
Yes I'm sure there is an android equivalent of an ipod out there
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

04-03-2018, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Personally, I find my ears are quite useful.
Ha
How helpful you are JBR
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

04-03-2018, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Google Play Music which I access through my phones. I tend to use Bluetooth head/earphones.

I've got all my music uploaded there and pay a monthly subscription so I can listen to anything else they have (some 3M songs)

I've also got Classsical playlists on my phone.

iPods and the like have been badly damaged by streaming music: the only iPods you can buy now cost up to £300 and hold 32 to 128GB and they aren't worth it compared with a modest (£100) phone which will let you stream and cache music for offline listening.
But not for swimming with Ffosse!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

04-03-2018, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
CD's at home. Never while driving, too distracting.
I sing along to music in the car ALL the time Adanac!
I must look a bit of a lunatic to other drivers
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Lol! There's an easier and cheaper way mate.

I would be very happy to copy any of the albums you see in my list for you. You would need to send me a USB stick and an SAE and I'd give you anything you want free. All my albums are now on MP3 so it isn't a time-consuming job.
Get a list together of 100 or so albums if you wish and a good length memory stick (16GB would do), and send it to me.
If you're interested, send me a PM and we'll sort something out

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top