Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 05:31 PM

Re: How do you listen to music?

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Ha
How helpful you are JBR
We aim to please.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Lol! There's an easier and cheaper way mate.

I would be very happy to copy any of the albums you see in my list for you. You would need to send me a USB stick and an SAE and I'd give you anything you want free. All my albums are now on MP3 so it isn't a time-consuming job.
Get a list together of 100 or so albums if you wish and a good length memory stick (16GB would do), and send it to me.
If you're interested, send me a PM and we'll sort something out
I'd be very happy to do the same.
I have loads of lovely organ music.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 04:30 AM

Hi, Rhian, confessions of a fellow car opera/rock/pop star here (thank goodness no one can actually hear me).

Portable: Old tiny iPods that have clips, easily attached to shorts, pants, etc. Perfect when I'm in the garden, walking on the beach, etc. Bose portable speaker for hotels and rentals. iPhone - iTunes, Spotify, or Pandora.

House: Home stereo system that I still haven't figured out - sometimes workng and sometimes not; and I haven't had the discipline or the graduate degree in electrical engineering to get to the bottom of it (but will). When it works, it's magic. Works in combo with the Wifi/bluetooth, TV, vinyl record player, CDs, etc.

Car: Bluetooth with iPhone or iPod, also XM radio and CD player. May drop XM for Pandora or Spotify, but it's like an addiction - as soon as you quit paying, you lose all your music, so I still make purchase on Itunes and download so they are on zip drives, iPods, or burned on CDs. The Firestick has music too, but I haven't explored it yet.

I guess I'm a dinosaur because I still have shelves of vinyl and CDs.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 04:43 AM

For someone who's so into his music, my listening methods are really basic.

At home I have everything on a very large memory external hard drive (8000+ albums listed in genres, alphabetically and by year) converted to MP3, plus many other singles, collections and self-compiled and I usually copy a few albums at a time onto an MP3 player for work which I attach to a 'Sound Square' speaker via a cable (I don't use Bluetooth).

At home I'll play either self-assembled CDs or a load of stuff at random from a USB stick connected into a flip-top CD radio/player whiclst I'm using the computer (normally I'm on here posting stuff on my own thread or nattering to you lot.

In the car it's collections (at the moment, a 62-volume definitive Pink Floyd boxed set I compiled myself). Otherwise I'll play CDs or sometimes listen to DAB radio, normally BBC6 Music.

I bought a vinyl turntable again last year for the first time for over 25 years but to date have only bought one brand new album. I intend to source my Top 1000 albums (see thread on here) when I retire or have the time and funds, all on vinyl and sequenced A-Z.

Time will dictate how and when that will be possible.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
At home I have everything on a very large memory external hard drive (8000+ albums listed in genres, alphabetically and by year) converted to MP3, plus many other singles, collections and self-compiled and I usually copy a few albums at a time onto an MP3 player for work which I attach to a 'Sound Square' speaker via a cable (I don't use Bluetooth).

At home I'll play either self-assembled CDs or a load of stuff at random from a USB stick connected into a flip-top CD radio/player whiclst I'm using the computer (normally I'm on here posting stuff on my own thread or nattering to you lot.

In the car it's collections (at the moment, a 62-volume definitive Pink Floyd boxed set I compiled myself). Otherwise I'll play CDs or sometimes listen to DAB radio, normally BBC6 Music.

I bought a vinyl turntable again last year for the first time for over 25 years but to date have only bought one brand new album. I intend to source my Top 1000 albums (see thread on here) when I retire or have the time and funds, all on vinyl and sequenced A-Z.

Time will dictate how and when that will be possible.
I need this and three years to get it done .
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 05:09 AM

I just switch on my phone and my BT headphones:

Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 08:07 AM

Radio 3.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 09:01 AM

radio 2,,,sd card and cds in the car

anyone know a good program for loading music onto sd cards?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 03:07 PM

I listen to music on the wonderful Playa Cofi Juke box on my computer.

I listen to CD's sometimes - and when I'm out walking or at the gym I have an I pod.
I'm thinking of getting a waterproof I pod for when I'm swimming on my own..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 04:30 PM

I have an ipod and signed up to Apple Store a few years ago. I have downloaded a few albums and can also record cds on the laptop and add them to the list. I have to be honest though and say that the Apple Store is a terrible website so have not used it for a while.

My main way of listening was in the car seeing as I used to spend half my life there but I don't travel so much these days.

As I have mentioned before, the best ever sound was 8 track. It's a shame it didn't really take off.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top