Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 09:08 AM

The Who Vs. The Rolling Stones

It's the Who everytime for me because I was/am/could have been a mod

Though their output has been less and they basically stopped in 1982 with albums, their earlier output puts them ahead of the Stones for me. Not that I don't enjoy a listen to Exile On Main Street now and again, I still think nothing quite surpasses Who's Next.

The Stones win for longevity, though, and I still prefer them to the Beatles but it's a close run thing: none of these bands I dislike.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 09:13 AM

Re: The Who Vs. The Rolling Stones

The Who easily.
I have great admiration and respect for the Stones but The Who are far more genuine with their respect for the music they make.

Compare the greedy, capitalist priorities of Mick Jagger to the sheer love of playing rock and roll music like Pete Townshend does.

Saying that, I think Keith Richards is an absolute God. He simply doesn't give a f*** about anything.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 09:27 AM

I like them equally.One day I might want a bit of Who,another some Stones.
The Who like the Beatles are more experimental,the Stones are a very good R&B band.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 09:37 AM

I know, you could add Led Zeppelin to the mix and have a real quality playlist.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I know, you could add Led Zeppelin to the mix and have a real quality playlist.
Definitely
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 10:13 AM

The Stones for me - I love the anarchy and raunchiness.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 10:15 AM

I was a mod in the early 1960s. I had the gear complete with ex USA military Parka et al… for Top Ranking.
I saw the Who live (and kicking) in about 66 in Southampton. I wore a mohair mod style in an exquisite bright green & cheered when Pete Townsend destroyed his guitar.
I went with my mates to the Birdcage club in Bridgton, Samantha’s in Bournemouth. Margate, the Kursaal but unfortunately my spell as a Mod I didn’t last long because I had a Vespa scooter at a time when Lambert’s were King.
BTW I still have the receipt for the Vespa (£15)
As for music my time with the Stones ended with the appearance on the music scene of Phil May & the Pretty Things, the group with the longest hair & their anthem “Don’t bring me down”
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 01:36 PM

Stones over the Who every time for me, though I don't play them that much these days

Funny thing I was playing Led Zeppelin II this afternoon while I had a beer in the garden - had Heartbreaker on repeat for a couple of times.

If anything Led Zeppelin and Frank Zappa get played more at my house than anything else nowadays. More even than my beloved Captain Beefheart
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
The Who easily.
I have great admiration and respect for the Stones but The Who are far more genuine with their respect for the music they make.

Compare the greedy, capitalist priorities of Mick Jagger to the sheer love of playing rock and roll music like Pete Townshend does.

Saying that, I think Keith Richards is an absolute God. He simply doesn't give a f*** about anything.
Ha ha. I have to agree with you. Who else would fall out of a tree aged 62?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 01:41 PM

Did the Beatles ever make a R and R record??

There was one that I remembered but that was it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top