Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 06:58 PM

Re: Guess what Im doing tonight?

You sound very organised MC well done
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 07:03 PM

Great Stuff!

I can sympathise with you - after a bohemian youth that seemed to last too long I worked up to a decent job and a nice home
Then I was made redundant and had to start almost from the bottom again

Now I have a nice flat & furniture, and I can appreciate crisp clean sheets etc.

Just a comment - yes, it would be worth seeing if you can get your sofa & cushions renovated
You say it's clean, but think about a professional or steam cleaner for furniture & carpets; they do a superb job
Might seem a bit expensive, but it's so much better than a DIY carpet cleaner

I don't know if it's still going, but when I moved into my new flat I got an Argos credit card, and that came with several offers & discounts
After I used up the offers I just cancelled it
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 07:54 PM

sounds great MC, really pleased for you, I can sense your glee in the post, I like posts like this. I hope you have the best ever nights sleep tonight, it will be a well deserved rest for you. Enjoy cooking on that cooker, I can remember when we were doing our place up in Spain we had no cooker we had to make do with a two ring hotplate and a microwave until the kitchen was finished and I was so chuffed when I finally got to use a proper oven again. It doesn't matter if the fridge is second hand, like you say if its clean and working thats all that matters, its new to you! So happy for you MC. We all are xxx
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 08:41 PM

MC I can sense your excitement as you see your home begin to take shape bit by bit. It will be more like home to you now that you have the appliances and pieces.

Savour the feeling of being in your new bed tonight after all those weeks of making do with the air bed. This is the start of the new you and it should raise your spirits and give you more confidence .... you did this all on your own, so a vey big Well Done to you! X
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 09:41 PM

I bet he's snuggled up and snoring already!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I bet he's snuggled up and snoring already!
..... and he'll wake up wondering where he is in the morning.

The comfort will be too much to resist so he'll turn over and go back to sleep again. zzzz... zzz... zz
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Tonight I will be getting into my own proper bed.
Yes it arrived today and Im just making it now with clean white sheets. So tonight I wont be balancing on the airbed but lying on a brand new comfy mattress. Its a nice double bed with a modern black metal frame with built in headboard and footboard.

Also I will be cooking a meal on my brand new cooker which also arrived today. The installation guy has connected it up and not only that he very kindly connected my washing machine up with the new hose I had bought and Ive done 2 loads already.

Then after dining I may relax a while on my second hand sofa which also arrived today. It could do with the cushion foams replacing as they are a little flat/soft ish but its lovely and clean and comfier than the tatty armchair I have been sitting in which can now go to the tip. The cushions all have zips so I presume I can buy new firmer foams to go inside?

Im not going to tell you about the fridge yet, which also arrived today, as I haven decided whether I am going to keep it or not. Hummmm. More later on the fridge saga, may need your advice over this.

I know the sofa and fridge and bed frame are second hand but they are very clean and the fridge has been tested. The cooker and the mattress are brand new though.

I know this probably sounds like some awful paupers story to some but today I feel like a king thats had his castle refurbished a bit. ��
What a great post MC.

I am really pleased for you. You must feel great right now and it's refreshing to hear from someone who is content.

Well done mate.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 10:32 AM

Well, I'm not sure what happened.
I baked some smoked cod to test new oven, and had it with a chicory salad. Listening to one of my Purobeach CDs while I chilled out and wrapped up a present I had bought for my CBT therapist who I wont be seeing any more.
Then went to bed.
I dont know what happened next but I have been waking up about 5am normally but for some reason I overslept till 8 this morning?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 10:44 AM

I baked some smoked cod to test new oven, and had it with a chicory salad. Listening to one of my Purobeach CDs while I chilled out and wrapped up a present I had bought for my CBT therapist who I wont be seeing any more.
Then went to bed.
I dont know what happened next but I have been waking up about 5am normally but for some reason I overslept till 8 this morning?
What happened sounds like contentment and relaxation

Enjoy x
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 10:49 AM

Then went to bed.

Well done matey - seems your bed is supremely comfortable and I can foresee that you will be spending a lot more time under the covers from now on.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top