Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 03:04 PM

Who shops in TK Maxx?

Do you feel slightly old or out of place there?

I must admit I do buy underwear there as it is generally cheaper and of better quality than places like Debenhams.

I've bought the odd t-shirt too but what I don't like is how tightly everything is packed together on the rails - sometimes it can be really hard to extricate an item.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 03:11 PM

Re: Who shops in TK Maxx?

I've never ever been into a TK Maxx, I don't even know what kind of store it is! Perhaps I should take a look in there if its cheapish.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 03:18 PM

I like their ornaments and soaps, prefer Homesense though (same firm) as they have furniture too.
Quite expensive, so I usually just buy pretty soap.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 03:39 PM

I have never shopped there .
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 03:40 PM

I've bought the odd thing from TKmax - some good quality luggage, a handbag and a purse. I don't buy the clothes as they seem a bit of a hotchpotch. I don't buy their cosmetics, soaps, etc. for the same reason. I have this feeling that TKmax buys in ends of lines from suppliers and what they sell seems a bit of a hit and miss, i.e. never a complete line of anything.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 03:51 PM

I often go in for a look around but rarely come away with anything. I agree how tightly packed the women’s clothes are and I don’t find anything I like in my size. Years ago I used to find some great bargains in the menswear for my sons.

I prefer browsing through the home wear stuff and have bought some lovely reed diffusers over the years.

The last time I was in a store I came away with a lovely bag of mint and licorice sweets which I’d never seen anywhere before. I’m hoping I will find them again next time but I doubt I will.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 04:10 PM

Shop there weekly

I find you need to go in weekly as what they stock is so ad hoc and if you see something you like you have to buy it there and then else it will be gone next time you pop in

Ive had some great bargains, best was a pair of Lulu Guinness boots reduced from £350 to just £15
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 04:34 PM

I love shopping there!
Ive had some great bargains in the shoes/trainers section and I always buy towels they have in there by Clarissa Hulse as theyre beautiful and a great price for the qaulity they are. Theyre not the plain old boring block colours either .
I dont buy clothes from there though but the homewares section is excellent and I like their variety of kitchen goods too.
Only trouble is once I venture into one im usually in there ages lol .
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 04:38 PM

I don't,the hotchpotch of clothes on the rails does My tidy organized head in...I walk in now and then to see if anything has changed..then walk straight out again.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 04:44 PM

I’ve ventured into TKMax a few times but I’ve not bought anything in there. It always looks a bit of a messy shop, especially in the clothes section.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top