Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 05:10 PM

Re: Who shops in TK Maxx?

No I hate TK Maxx. As Ffosse says, there's stuff all over the place. All the clothes are of different styles and colours and are crammed together on rails without any order to them. The other items on shelves are the same: You can get a porcelain giraffe next to a picture frame next to a Peppa Pig money box.
It's like a jumble sale.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 05:24 PM

Ive never bought clothes there but have bought a couple of things for the kitchen.

I have 2 large horsemen ornaments which I found in their selling off cheap section that I bought in 2011. I really like them even though one of the horses has a chipped off ear. I have photos of them in my profile album but the colours are a little faded now after being on a sunny window ledge for two years. I still treasure them though.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 05:36 PM

Homesense is one of my favourites. They always have some lovely bargains. Some of their goods are also available in tkmaxx stores.

Can't bear TKmaxx stores. Usually crowded and poorly ventilated.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Shop there weekly

I find you need to go in weekly as what they stock is so ad hoc and if you see something you like you have to buy it there and then else it will be gone next time you pop in

Ive had some great bargains, best was a pair of Lulu Guinness boots reduced from £350 to just £15
Yes, I got some Ted Baker t-shirts reduced from £49.99 to a tenner. I think you're right in that more frequent trips will likely net you more bargains.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
No I hate TK Maxx. As Ffosse says, there's stuff all over the place. All the clothes are of different styles and colours and are crammed together on rails without any order to them. The other items on shelves are the same: You can get a porcelain giraffe next to a picture frame next to a Peppa Pig money box.
It's like a jumble sale.
With clothes styles and sizes I think there is meant to be an order ie. you find jeans sized from 28 up to 40 something, but so much is put back in the wrong place and some items are completely incongruous.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Homesense is one of my favourites. They always have some lovely bargains. Some of their goods are also available in tkmaxx stores.

Can't bear TKmaxx stores. Usually crowded and poorly ventilated.
I have visited TKMaxx on a few occasions. They sell Mermaid Hard Anodised Bakeware That l use, at a decent price.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've never ever been into a TK Maxx, I don't even know what kind of store it is! Perhaps I should take a look in there if its cheapish.
It's a sort of Designer Label outlet place, they sell designer label stuff at reduced prices but it's usually end of line or unpopular things that they've bought in.

I have bought some things there in the past, but only homewares, not clothes. The clothing section's like a jumble sale, I don't even look in there.

However even though it's reduced prices and the goods are more than likely of better quality I can't justify paying their prices when similar goods can be bought for less from Matalan or Peacocks.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

17-05-2018, 06:02 PM

I'm thinking of visiting maybe tomorrow or Saturday depending on my energy levels - I could use some new t-shirts. I won't pay more than a tenner each so hope to find some reduced from £25 or more.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Shop there weekly

I find you need to go in weekly as what they stock is so ad hoc and if you see something you like you have to buy it there and then else it will be gone next time you pop in

Ive had some great bargains, best was a pair of Lulu Guinness boots reduced from £350 to just £15
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
It's a sort of Designer Label outlet place, they sell designer label stuff at reduced prices but it's usually end of line or unpopular things that they've bought in.

I have bought some things there in the past, but only homewares, not clothes. The clothing section's like a jumble sale, I don't even look in there.

However even though it's reduced prices and the goods are more than likely of better quality I can't justify paying their prices when similar goods can be bought for less from Matalan or Peacocks.
Thanks for letting me know Nicol, I think I might have a nosey around one time.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top