Join for free
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 06:45 PM

Podcast listening

I know how much time I listen to music, but at night I listen to podcasts and wondered how much time I spent listening to them.

There is a stats section in my podcast app and it was able to tell me:

So, in 3 years and one month or 1134 days I've spent 76 days and 5 hours just listening to podcasts - that's a lot.

But I often fall asleep listening to them, and some of these podcasts run for 2 hours or more, so I suspect the actual time listening to them is much lower, perhaps half or less. I still find them the best way to go to sleep. I'll listen to one, finish it then start another but sooner or later I always fall asleep, podcast still running. I often awaken with my earphones still in place.

My justification for so much music and podcast usage is that I don't watch TV.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 07:24 PM

Re: Podcast listening

I listen to podcasts every night and have done for at least five years - they're Newsquiz podcasts so can be classed as history reminders for those who think the present government incumbents are worse than their predecessors. They aren't, they're all as bad. I have my MP3 player set to knock off after half an hour by which time I'm usually well away. I then get to repeat the routine every three hours or so when I have to frequent the toilet to pass water.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 08:25 PM

Re: Podcast listening

I used to read in bed but don't anymore. Then I used to listen to music but that, like reading, has now been reserved for other times of the day.

That brought me to podcasts - there is such huge choice - sociology, design, history, true crime, news, conspiracies, sport. To me they're a wonderful benefit of the times we live in.

I suppose their precursor was radio but there's only so much you can do with live radio - I'll listen to the news for about 20 minutes in the morning and that's it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top