Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 10:01 PM

Re: Tell me about your family and friends AFTER the referendum

In my great age, I have lots of descendants.

Go back a couple of years and they would, probably, not have taken much interest in Brexit and may even have not voted.

In the current climate, all that has changed.

They are absolutely shocked at the way the EU has treated the UK (and Greece) and. perhaps, one good thing coming out of this situation is their highly increased interest in Politics and the many betrayals therein.

Future MP candidates will need to consider the requirements of their voters much more than in the past. MPs like Philip Lee will need to reflect on their promises at pre-election visits and concentrate more on what WE want from our reps.

My lot?

I would suggest that they are now 100% in the leave frame.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by abigold ->
Hi There!

I am conducting a piece of research right about the everyday vulnerabilities that have been framed by Brexit.

[belonging, worthiness, fear etc]

I am really interested in knowing about the experiences different people had with their family and friends AFTER the referendum.

Did anything change?

Comment down below what you felt in the few days/ weeks/ months after the vote.

Anything would be incredibly helpful! Thanks, Abi.
Which newspaper do you work for?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Which newspaper do you work for?
The Puff Post probably.

Personally I don't care what my family or friends think about Brexit. I voted for ME.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The Puff Post probably.

Personally I don't care what my family or friends think about Brexit. I voted for ME.
Looks like a journo fishing....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Looks like a journo fishing....
Whatever it is, I think it would be good to demonstrate that the " leave" voters have not changed their minds, despite the underhand ways that people have tried to change a democratic vote.

Older people have more experience of politics from the past, where young people can only look at the immediate benefits!
I voted leave, because I think the long term outcome will be better for the young, & the young people in my family always listen to me, because they know I have their interest at heart, and have always done what is right for them!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 11:26 AM

I voted leave as did my close family and friends , the following day I could feel anger from stay voters and I wouldn't discuss my vote with anyone , I could even feel anger in the air mixed with a feeling of elation , I would vote leave again and again and the soonest we are completely out the better .
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 11:31 AM

I just can't believer the mods allow for this sort of event to occur - no resume or connections - could be anyone posing as someone else - we are so gullible aren't we!!

no comments from me - oh yes "push off"
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by abigold ->
Hi There!

I am conducting a piece of research right about the everyday vulnerabilities that have been framed by Brexit.

[belonging, worthiness, fear etc]

I am really interested in knowing about the experiences different people had with their family and friends AFTER the referendum.

Did anything change?

Comment down below what you felt in the few days/ weeks/ months after the vote.

Anything would be incredibly helpful! Thanks, Abi.
I see that you are a post grad student in Visual Sociology. What the hell is that?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I see that you are a post grad student in Visual Sociology. What the hell is that?
If it looks good, question it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-07-2018, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I just can't believer the mods allow for this sort of event to occur - no resume or connections - could be anyone posing as someone else - we are so gullible aren't we!!

no comments from me - oh yes "push off"
I thought just being under 50 was against the rules?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top