Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 05:22 PM

A Good Citizen

Yesterday a woman called at my door, she waved a plastic i,d badge round her kneck at me ,saying she was from our local council she asked if I owned this property or who it was rented from.I told her & she said oh thats Ok & moved off.It kept botheriing me, who was she ,was she genuine , what was she trying to find out, surely the council knows who rents their property,so I decided to ring Housing management,see if she was genuine.I explained to the man I spoke to what it was about,asking IF she was from the council,Hopeless he couldnt understand what I wanted [he sounded white english]what dept did I want ,who did I want to speak to,what extesion did I want & finally my address.I was thoroughly fed up by then so just said Never Mind & put the phone down on him.So much for trying to be a GOOD CITIZEN
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 05:23 PM

Re: A Good Citizen

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Yesterday a woman called at my door, she waved a plastic i,d badge round her kneck at me ,saying she was from our local council she asked if I owned this property or who it was rented from.I told her & she said oh thats Ok & moved off.It kept botheriing me, who was she ,was she genuine , what was she trying to find out, surely the council knows who rents their property,so I decided to ring Housing management,see if she was genuine.I explained to the man I spoke to what it was about,asking IF she was from the council,Hopeless he couldnt understand what I wanted [he sounded white english]what dept did I want ,who did I want to speak to,what extesion did I want & finally my address.I was thoroughly fed up by then so just said Never Mind & put the phone down on him.So much for trying to be a GOOD CITIZEN
I wouldn't have given her the time of day.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I wouldn't have given her the time of day.

Same here.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Same here.
and here !
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 06:42 AM

I never open my door, I ask who they are through the letter box.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 08:50 AM

What, one of these?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top