Join for free
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 03:50 PM

Re: Utter Humiliation for Theresa May!

I think May should sit down with the Irish and find out whats workable to them,then tell the EU,this is what is going to happen and do one.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
oh I see so it wasn't anything I said then??
Nah, definitely not gumbud. I've had two cups of tea now, and feeling quite mellow again.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Nah, definitely not gumbud. I've had two cups of tea now, and feeling quite mellow again.
erhmm but I did like you the other way - more spunk than May!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 03:56 PM

Why does she do it? Why does Theresa May insist on backing herself - and the UK into unnecessary corners? Why does she persist in listening to anything her cretinous civil servants advise, including her self-grandstanding band-aid Ollie, who was so cocksure of his ability to manage this debacle in Salzburg,but instead, has resulted in making the whole episode a complete humiliation for Theresa May and the United Kingdom.

No wonder she was furious when she went forth to give her allowed 10 minute spot at the end of all discussions, in what she herself said, was a tiny sweat-box room, after Barnier and Tusk had announced, in larger air-conditioned rooms of course, that the EU were denouncing her plans as totally unacceptable to the EU. All she could do was carry on with her stupid speech, knowing that she had been ambushed.

How dare she ever put us into this position. How dare she, for over two years, give concession after concession to this mob of mafia suits, how dare she even allow herself to be belittled and ostracised by the likes of Merkel, a woman who is herself hanging on to her power by her fingertips, by Juncker, who even refused to get up out of his seat to greet Theresa May, instead making her bow down to speak to this little drunken sop. (Could you ever imagine Maggie Thatcher putting up with such rude, arrogant behaviour?) she would have said TA TA, and walked! And to be dictated to by the Leader of Malta, who is himself mired in corruption charges. It defies belief!

She is giving a speech to the British public today. It had better be how she has finally grown a pair of balls! Because truthfully Theresa, you are standing in the last-chance saloon, and you brought it all down on yourself by listening to the incompetent civil servant fools you have advising you, when it is obvious they are so pro-EU, you are being humiliated and betrayed by all. Time to stand tall and tell it as it is, or GET OUT AND MAKE WAY FOR SOMEONE WHO WILL STAND UP TO THESE MAFIA BULLIES!
There is a single answer to each and every one of those questions:

because, in the Northern vernacular, she's a reet wally.

She's a reet wally as PM and she was a reet wally as Home Secretary.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
I think May should sit down with the Irish and find out whats workable to them,then tell the EU,this is what is going to happen and do one.
Errr, do you mean Northern Ireland or Southern Ireland caricature? Unfortunately, they are two separate countries so to speak. NI is part of the UK and wants it to remain so,
SI is part of the EU, and before that, years of the troubles was all about trying to make a united Ireland, so it would suit SI for the NI to continue to have no Assembly since Stormont closed and suggest in having a border in the middle of the Irish Sea with NI forever then under the boot of the EU. Thankfully, that will never happen, especially as DISMAY needs NI support to prop up her government with their numbers when voting.

So I personally think by speaking to the two separate factions of that country would not do much good, it could even exacerbate the problem between the North and South.
Nice idea though, love your "tell them to do one!"
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

21-09-2018, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
erhmm but I did like you the other way - more spunk than May!
thanks gumbud, but that's not normally me! I don't go for confrontation. I like to type what I am thinking, or discuss a topic just as everyone on here does, but If someone ridicules or insults instead of discussing sensibly, well, I have broad shoulders and can give as well as take.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 04:22 PM

Why does she persist in listening to anything her cretinous civil servants advise, including her self-grandstanding band-aid Ollie
Oliver Robbins should go, I don't think he has helped proceedings in any way . He gives me the creeps I understand David Davis had very little time for him either.

All those smug overfed overpaid Eurocrats in grey suits + Merkel lined up in the photographs at Salzburg epitomises for me many of the things I dislike about the EU. I actually felt sorry for May standing alone with that rude lot.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 04:23 PM

Every cloud as a silver lining,the pound went down on the news,but the stock market jumped up,meaning my pension along with millions will have a boost.
caricature
Devon,England.

21-09-2018, 04:25 PM

Errr, do you mean Northern Ireland or Southern Ireland caricature? Unfortunately, they are two separate countries so to speak. NI is part of the UK and wants it to remain so,
SI is part of the EU, and before that, years of the troubles was all about trying to make a united Ireland, so it would suit SI for the NI to continue to have no Assembly since Stormont closed and suggest in having a border in the middle of the Irish Sea with NI forever then under the boot of the EU. Thankfully, that will never happen, especially as DISMAY needs NI support to prop up her government with their numbers when voting.

So I personally think by speaking to the two separate factions of that country would not do much good, it could even exacerbate the problem between the North and South.
Nice idea though, love your "tell them to do one!"
Both lots,if they can come to an agreement like the good Friday one even with all its faults then a cross border thing is not out of the question.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

21-09-2018, 04:28 PM

Was anyone impressed with DISMAY'S speech today? I think she felt so humiliated and the UK also humiliated, her speech writers had to think fast on their feet. If only it had been someone who's dad had been a Dock Worker instead of a Vicar, (no insult intended), perhaps they could have done better. perhaps a thump on the lecturn once or twice to make sure they got their point across. What do you think?

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top