Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 09:40 AM

Re: Love

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I think she truly believed that she wouldn't manage on her own, she opted to stay in misery and it broke my heart, he didn't hit her, when I say she was beaten I mean by his verbal and emotional abuse which is equally as damaging.

So, so sad, I miss her so much and its so painful not having her here with me but then I get to thinking she's with my mum in a better place away from that vile bar steward.

I adored my sister as she did me.
That must have painful for you to write, LQ, Thank you. I too hope he gets his just deserts.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 09:47 AM

Oh Queeny this is sad. I know friends that have suffered this mental torture.
Love is a strange thing, it comes in many forms, it will be analysed till the end of time.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 10:42 AM

I'm not too much into analysing love.
To me, it's either there or it isn't, you can't make it happen, neither can you stop it happening.
Even love can be accompanied by joy or pain at times though.

No, I would never stay with anyone who hurt me or tried to dominate me.
There would be no point as I couldn't trust him again.

I may sound like a saddo, but sometimes I think it would be nice to feel loved again once more before I depart from this world. Is that daft?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Oh Queeny this is sad. I know friends that have suffered this mental torture.
Love is a strange thing, it comes in many forms, it will be analysed till the end of time.
I don’t want to come across as a nit picker but ‘this’ is NOT love. It’s anything but love.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 10:46 AM

I would never wish to be overwhelmed by a feeling of what some people term as 'love'.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I don’t want to come across as a nit picker but ‘this’ is NOT love. It’s anything but love.
I totally agree Bratti, but they will not listen.
They say it won't happen again, and I know he loves me. But it does. These type of men are control freaks!
I cannot interfere as I will get the blame.
I was physically threatened by one!
How some females mistake those type of people for believing it is love is beyond my comprehension.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 11:05 AM

I reckon the meaning of 'love' in a successful partnership can change depending on age.

Friendship has to be large part of it for sure. Although the physical aspect counts for a lot and might continue for years, it can become not so primary as life progresses. If lucky, the interest becomes less of a factor at about the same time for both. Then one or the other doesn't feel bad about it.

The friendship that has also been there throughout the years then becomes the more important aspect of love and this can endure until the end.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I would never wish to be overwhelmed by a feeling of what some people term as 'love'.
Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I totally agree Bratti, but they will not listen.
They say it won't happen again, and I know he loves me. But it does. These type of men are control freaks!
I cannot interfere as I will get the blame.
I was physically threatened by one!
How some females mistake those type of people for believing it is love is beyond my comprehension.
Perfect analogy!
Control freaks!
That sums them up very good sweetie.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Perfect analogy!
Control freaks!
That sums them up very good sweetie.
What Sps post got to do with mine?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top