Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 10:18 AM

Re: Sajid Javid - Saviour or Self-Serving?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
To be fair JBR, people with dark skin & curly hair have frequently been treated badly by white people, so I don't think he was boasting, he was just trying to explain why he feels they way he does.
Unless he was planning on moving to the UK, and Brexit has spoiled his chances, I still cannot see why he is so opposed to us leaving though.
The British empire was once so big that I believe Britain was expecting to become a multiracial country, long before others wanted it, and that is why they encouraged people from parts of their empire to live here. Sadly this cannot happen whilst different countries live by different laws & follow different beliefs.
It will take several more centuries for this to happen & all live happily together so, until they can, they need to be improving the country they were born in, instead of trying to get into countries, where life is better, by illegal means
Completely agree Twink, as people know my boys are half sri lankan only clue is their colour they are very much English and intergrated as is their wholly sri lankan father. Their grandparents came here and tried their very best to fit in, only thing they maintained was their religion and that's never got in their way to integrate in other ways.

If people want to integrate they can, learning the language is biggest thing they can do to fit in IMO
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Ray I said earlier many of them do apply for asylum in other countries on the way, they end up here because they fail the tests in those countries to be true asylum seekers. Why they pass here I don't know ???
If they fail the asylum tests in countries such as Italy, then they are by definition not deserving of asylum.

Why should they then come here? Because they know we are soft and will be accepted here for that reason. There is also the factor of higher and more easily obtained benefits.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If they fail the asylum tests in countries such as Italy, then they are by definition not deserving of asylum.

Why should they then come here? Because they know we are soft and will be accepted here for that reason. There is also the factor of higher and more easily obtained benefits.
I agree but you and I aren't manning the borders JBR
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree but you and I aren't manning the borders JBR
Neither are our politicians, yet they are the ones responsible.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 11:41 AM

Going back to Javid's motivation.

I think he got a phone call which, roughly, went along the lines of

"Hey, Sajid! I hope that you are enjoying your holiday.

One thing, though, is that a huge immigrant crisis is growing, back here, as more and more attempt the crossing of the channel.

The Media is having a field day.

It will get even worse if someone, especially, a child, perishes as a result.

Can you drop by and make a positive gesture to show that we have it all under control?

Just put your expense forms in, so that you are not out of pocket."

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top