Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 06:12 AM

Re: Years and Years

I have no idea what Emma Thompson is like in 'real life' but I do like her as an actress. She can cope with the silliest stuff - Nanny McFee, Harry Potter etc., but can also handle more serious roles - Shakespeare, Jane Austen etc.,

Have to admit, though, I prefer her mum - Phillida Law! She is brilliant.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have no idea what Emma Thompson is like in 'real life' but I do like her as an actress. She can cope with the silliest stuff - Nanny McFee, Harry Potter etc., but can also handle more serious roles - Shakespeare, Jane Austen etc.,

Have to admit, though, I prefer her mum - Phillida Law! She is brilliant.
I recognised the name but couldn't picture the face, so had to google her!

She's one of those actresses who's been in loads of TV stuff but you can't put a name to the face!
Well, I can now! Thanks!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I've just watched my recording of this serial which started last night on BBC1. (9-10pm).

Wow!

Parts were darkly very funny, parts were sad, parts were thought-provoking, parts were a bit scary, and then..........wow!

I won't say any spoilers, in case anyone hasn't seen it yet, but I was gripped almost as much as I was during the first episode of Bodyguards.

It's semi-futuristic...just 5 or so years in the future, at the moment, anyway, so close enough to 'now' to be familiar, but a touch futuristic too.

I am deffo going to continue watching.

If you haven't seen it, and haven't recorded it, I would really recommend you watch it on catch-up, before you hear any spoilers.

NB. For the same reason, please don't give away on here what happens.
Thank you.
Presently been watching it on BBC IPlayer Pyxell. I cannot stand Remain luvvie Emma Thompson but this series is really enthralling and looking forward to watching another 2 episodes tonight. It really is an eye opener isn't it?
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Presently been watching it on BBC IPlayer Pyxell. I cannot stand Remain luvvie Emma Thompson but this series is really enthralling and looking forward to watching another 2 episodes tonight. It really is an eye opener isn't it?
Yes. Scary stuff.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top