Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 10:28 PM

Re: Professor Brian Cox: The Planets

I need to catch up with it!
Watching The Planet Suite by Holst with Brian Cox. It has to be the best thing for ages! BBC at it's best!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That would be fabulous, to jump to the other, unless it's worse than here of course!

I was watching the Society the same evening that I watched Brian Cox and had the dream. I think it was down to a combination of the two.
I hope you jumped somewhere nice Annie. Just think, I could be an alternative Longdogs posting.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I need to catch up with it!
Watching The Planet Suite by Holst with Brian Cox. It has to be the best thing for ages! BBC at it's best!
Me too, still haven't watched it but might binge watch instead.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-06-2019, 10:09 AM

well there was no need to binge watch.... for some reason I thought it was a series.

Watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. A superb talk by Cox as always and the music was superb along with the images. If you can, listen through headphones.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-06-2019, 10:23 AM

I loved the quote by Carl Sagan..

''Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.''

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-06-2019, 10:11 AM

Just to confirm, there are two things on iplayer with Brian Cox.

The planets, which is a series and..

Holst the planets which is a one off (best listened to through headphones)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top