Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 12:00 PM

Boris is bluffing.

Hi

We are now in a game of who blinks first with the EU.

Boris is making completely unrealistic promises, promises which he knows he cannot deliver on.

More importantly, the EU know he cannot deliver those promises.

He is not the best poker player in the world.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 12:54 PM

Re: Boris is bluffing.

The proof of the pudding is who he will pick in his cabinet.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The proof of the pudding is who he will pick in his cabinet.
Hi

I disagree.

We Voted Leave.

I am a great believer in Democracy, we simply have to Leave.

Anything else is just plain wrong.

Boris must appoint those most capable of delivering Leave at the minimum possible cost to us and to the best of our advantage.

It would be a huge mistake to simply appoint those who believe in his fantasies.

We need clever, intelligent and ruthless Ministers to Leave in our favour.

This is why I think Boris will be a disaster.

I would much prefer Farage, the EU are scared of him, he is a pragmatist and will do what he says.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 01:49 PM

Unfortunately Farage cannot become PM unless his party get a majority vote at the next election...and I hope we leave the EU much sooner than that!

Boris may manage to get us out, but I don't think he will make a good PM & that is what we will need when we leave.
Corbyn is going to be making false promises in the hope of Labour winning the next election & I honestly believe that those, who still want to remain in the EU, will do all they can to prevent us leaving.

Too many politicians have used Brexit, purely to further their own careers.... and many of them still want the easier option of remaining a member!
I am ashamed that none of our politicians are worthy to run this country, and afraid of the damage they are doing with their selfish actions!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
I would much prefer Farage, the EU are scared of him, he is a pragmatist and will do what he says.
What the EU is afraid of is the UK remaining and that blustering boor of a farage staying in europarliament.
However, the UK leaving is what the EU is now expecting and has long since prepared for. Should the UK fall into a crisis like GE or a second referendum, and tusk and junker are still in function (so this coming about before october 31) then another extension is possible. And everybody will be waiting what the fickle brits decide.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Unfortunately Farage cannot become PM unless his party get a majority vote at the next election...and I hope we leave the EU much sooner than that!

Boris may manage to get us out, but I don't think he will make a good PM & that is what we will need when we leave.
Corbyn is going to be making false promises in the hope of Labour winning the next election & I honestly believe that those, who still want to remain in the EU, will do all they can to prevent us leaving.

Too many politicians have used Brexit, purely to further their own careers.... and many of them still want the easier option of remaining a member!
I am ashamed that none of our politicians are worthy to run this country, and afraid of the damage they are doing with their selfish actions!
Too high a price to pay for leaving: that creep corbyn as pm!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Corbyn is supporting "Remain" & saying there should be a second referendum, so people know what they are getting.

He is hoping to win votes from all those who wish to remain, but I hope we are out before that happens.

You are right , he is a creep and if he gets to be PM before we leave, we haven't a hope of overriding the difficulties !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

10-07-2019, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Hi

Solasch, you simply do not understand the British Mentality.

Yes, it is Total Economic Stupidity to leave the EU.

It was also Total Economic Supidity not to surrender at Dunkirk.

We place our freedom over Economics.

it is a price worth paying.

The recent stitch up in the EU by France and Germany has made me even more determined to Leave.

I was a very reluctant leaver, |I would have preferred to stay and have our Politicians stand up to the EU and change it.

They didn't, so time to go.

I am even more determined to go now.

Even Juncker is complaining about the EU now.

We are not here to be dictated to by France and Germany.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 03:46 PM

The EU is NOT going to allow us to Leave.

Fascinating that people are still fooled by the pantomime and circus side show the EU (using our politicians) are playing out.

The UK will absolutely NOT Leave on 31st Oct. Only the most naive would believe it was remotely possible.

The step by step process of keeping the UK in the EU is progressing well TBH.

They've kept Corbyn silent throughout, deliberately not declaring Labour's position on BrExit in any clear sense. Now a General Election is approaching so he has clearly been instructed to now make the stance they have, that of supporting a 2nd Referendum and supporting the Remain side of it.

It is completely obvious what is happening.

There will be a General Election

The ardent Remainers will vote Labour because that is the SINGLE main party that has now declared it's position.

The Leavers will now be split between Tory and BrExit party. They will be confused, disorganised, and duped by the media.

Hence you have 1 party (Labour) vs 2 parties (Tory and BrExit)

They are simply splitting the vote.

That means for example 40% of people might vote Labour,
25% might vote Tory and
25% might vote BrExit party.

So despite Tory and BrExit having more overall votes, Labour will win regardless.

Then they get to have their 2nd Referendum, which will undoubtedly be fudged to ensure Remain wins.

The only way around this is for ALL LEAVERS to collectively agree before the General Election which party to vote for for maximum effect.

The media (esp the BBC) will do its utmost to put people off either Tory or BrExit in order to maximise the splitting of the Leave vote.

Either way our democracy is a farcical illusion. We are not going to be allowed to leave the EU, the ruling elite are just not going to allow it. There will be a fudge "deal" or an outright refusal or a rigged 2nd Referendum.

Either way we are Daffy Ducked.

The system and the elitists have to be removed from power one way or another.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 03:53 PM

Boris as PM is possibly the worst imaginable outcome to date of the Brexit turmoil, he does nothing but say whatever it is people want to hear with absolutely no plan or idea of how he is to achieve it. Why he is so popular is a complete mystery to me, maybe some sort of mass hysteria?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top