Join for free
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 02:50 PM

Funny story.

But you may not find it funny.

I am staying at my sons,I decided to buy some compost ,bedding plants for his hanging baskets as the pansies have died.

Anyway,it takes about 5 mins to walk to Moles,it's like a garden centre.
They keep the compost ,plants outside.

I managed to get the compost into my rucksack,carried the remaining plants in my hands .

I got half way home,when I felt a trickling down the back of my leg..then I felt a stream of something running down my legs.

I was so worried,I thought I had become incontinent,without knowing..or I could even be bleeding.

It's just strange how my brain didn't pick up that it was the soaking wet compost that was in the back of my rucksack.

I knew the compost was damp on picking up..but it was obviously wet in the middle.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 03:09 PM

Re: Funny story.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
But you may not find it funny.

I am staying at my sons,I decided to buy some compost ,bedding plants for his hanging baskets as the pansies have died.

Anyway,it takes about 5 mins to walk to Moles,it's like a garden centre.
They keep the compost ,plants outside.

I managed to get the compost into my rucksack,carried the remaining plants in my hands .

I got half way home,when I felt a trickling down the back of my leg..then I felt a stream of something running down my legs.

I was so worried,I thought I had become incontinent,without knowing..or I could even be bleeding.

It's just strange how my brain didn't pick up that it was the soaking wet compost that was in the back of my rucksack.

I knew the compost was damp on picking up..but it was obviously wet in the middle.
Very good.

A similar but not so amusing tale.
My father was in WWII. He got shrapnel in his back but didn't realise it at the lime. Later in the day, after marching some distance, he felt something trickling down the back of his leg.

Yep, it was blood from the hit he took.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 03:52 PM

Pauline, l am just marvelling at how you managed to carry the compost on your back!
I just see an image of a female Father Christmas in demob gear!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, l am just marvelling at how you managed to carry the compost on your back!
I just see an image of a female Father Christmas in demob gear!
I am wondering about that too, Pauline, you must be Super Woman. Those compost sacks are mega heavy, wet too would make them even heavier.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 06:13 PM

IT wasn't multi purpose compost,that was to heavy for me to carry.

So I got a bulb compost,small bag,with a tight squeeze,holding everyone up in the que.

I managed to get it into the rucksack,.....I just couldn't understand why something was streaming down my legs...I was worried that people were thinking I was wetting myself...to be honest,I actually thought,I had lost control of my bladder,or even worse,bleeding,that's how worried I was.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 09:45 PM

I would have thought as you did, Pauline, good that it was only the compost running. Was there a hole in the bag then?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 09:52 PM

Poor you, what a horrible scare for you. Bet you went limp with relief when you saw what it was. Did you head for a dram to soothe your nerves.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

10-07-2019, 10:40 PM

There were loads of tiny holes in the bag.Tiff..I guess the compost needs to breath.....but remember all that rain we had..it was on the top of the pile...so the rain must have soaked through...they leave everything outside like that.

I bet you all think I'm crazy,

I dread to think what I must have looked like from behind...

Not sure about a dram,Rox...more like a drain.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top