Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 12:24 PM

Re: Amazon Prime Day.

Our eldest has an Amazon Prime account, and orders anything we require on it, like a new trouser press for my husband, which she ordered yesterday.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
My Amazon prime trial has now expired. I was tricked into signing up like millions of others then cancelled immediately.
Hardly tricked. You may as well say the same thing about Now TV - one month's free trial and thereafter charged unless you cancel the deal. The trick is to read the conditions first.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Hardly tricked. You may as well say the same thing about Now TV - one month's free trial and thereafter charged unless you cancel the deal. The trick is to read the conditions first.
The trick (the way I saw it anyway) was offering the free trial, click yes to continue or click the button next to it to also continue. The only way out would have been to hit the back button which I have done many times but forgot to do so. I have nothing against prime in fact, I had a couple of parcels delivered for free within the trial period, but I am signed up to Netflicks anyway so don't really need both of them.

I just thought the method of getting me to agree was a bit underhand, I believe it has happened to a few others on here too.

Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 03:07 PM

Whilst Amazon may be cheaper it is one of the key players in the demise of our high streets and their tax contributions or lack of them gives them an unfair competitive advantage over high street retailers.

For that reason If rather pay more to support our retailers and economy however I appreciate not everyone has the luxury of being able to make that choice
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 09:34 PM

I ordered a Hive Central Heating control.

When I opened the box it contained a packet of cat food.

I have just posted it back.

My daughter says that they look at their hidden cameras to catch the baddies who play this trick!

They can see the boxes, and the contents, being sealed up for postage!

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Whilst Amazon may be cheaper it is one of the key players in the demise of our high streets and their tax contributions or lack of them gives them an unfair competitive advantage over high street retailers.

For that reason If rather pay more to support our retailers and economy however I appreciate not everyone has the luxury of being able to make that choice
Nothing to do with extortionate parking charges and punitive business business rates of course.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 11:55 PM

I've joined Amazon Prime once or twice, but I always make a note on my calendar to leave a few days before the trial period ends, just to be on the safe side.

We use Amazon quite a lot, but just recently I've been looking on Ebay as well. In the past, I never bothered with Ebay because I thought they were a bunch of corrupt con artists!

However, since I bought a couple of things at a good deal cheaper price than Amazon, and found them to be of good quality and speedily delivered, I have decided to use Ebay more often now I know them to be a good deal and reliable.

One thing I really don't like about Amazon, and which has been mentioned on this forum before, is their trick of trying to con people into joining Prime when they are putting their orders in. I nearly fell for that once. Never again.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top