Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 03:22 PM

new addition today in the garden

may not look much at the moment being end of season, but this is for next year and trying to get a solid red is not often available
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 03:30 PM

Re: new addition today in the garden

I'm fond of hydrangeas Realspeed and that one looks a beauty. I don't know if it is true, but I have heard somewhere that to keep the colours true the plant has to be watered with either acid or alkaline water around the soil depending on the colour.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 03:36 PM

Sue heard of that as well, but modern plants are supposed to be grown now without having to add things into the ground
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 04:25 PM

That's good then Realspeed. I fancy a white hydrangea with big mop heads. Just yesterday I also saw a beautiful icy pale pink one in a garden centre - again with big mop headed flowers, but it was too expensive for me at £25. It was a very posh garden centre and I usually only go there for a look.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 04:50 PM

Hydrangea like the sun.

Mine is in the shade..but hasn't done too badly this year.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	10294  
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
That's good then Realspeed. I fancy a white hydrangea with big mop heads. Just yesterday I also saw a beautiful icy pale pink one in a garden centre - again with big mop headed flowers, but it was too expensive for me at £25. It was a very posh garden centre and I usually only go there for a look.
Hi

Lidl have them on offer next week at £5.99
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

18-07-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Lidl have them on offer next week at £5.99

Oh! thank you Swimfeeders - I'll go take a look.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 04:45 PM

They can be quite fussy about location and refuse to flower.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->

Aerolor, you and I must have the same tastes, because I just bought an very pale, icy pink one too. I'm really pleased with it.
I can't remember what it cost now because I bought other things at the same time, but it would have been nowhere near £25 else I wouldn't have got it.

My old one didn't come through last winter too well, so when I saw this lovely pale pinky/white one, I got it to replace the older one.

I will try and get a photo before the flowers fade and show you.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

19-07-2019, 01:20 PM

I love the pale pink ones, Mups. My husband has just come back from town with a lovely white hydrangea. It's quite big, about 18" high and 18" across, in full flower. I know just where I am going to put it, but it might be a bit sunny. He bought it from a man who has a stall on our Friday market - £4 and a bargain, I think. I'll have to read up what it needs to make it thrive. Hope it has a decent root on it. I think it was the same stallholder that my d.i.l got hers from a couple of weeks ago. She bought hers at the end of the day and it was reduced at £3 and it seems to be doing fine, but early days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top