Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 12:57 PM

Grrrr...it’s headache weather .

Do you find oppressive weather , dull and humid as it is here at the moment affects your health ?
It’s known that high pressure brings on a heavy head feeling and what about mood ?
I find it always brings on a low mood .
How do you lift a low mood if you have one ?
Coffee? Or .....?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 01:01 PM

Re: Grrrr...it’s headache weather .

Is it high pressure today? I don't feel great. I like to spend time in the outdoors communing with nature when I'm feeling low.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Do you find oppressive weather , dull and humid as it is here at the moment affects your health ?
It’s known that high pressure brings on a heavy head feeling and what about mood ?
I find it always brings on a low mood .
How do you lift a low mood if you have one ?
Coffee? Or .....?
Well I'm sitting in the Summer House while the memsahib is visiting our housebound neighbour with a new fan we bought her because the weather forecast is for a hot spell and the old girls fan gave up the ghost last week.

It's drizzling and very stuffy. I've got a thermos of water and ice cubes on hand, tablet computer, radio churning away, and Snot curled up in the shade.

Next week promises to be even more unpleasant. Yeugh.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 01:23 PM

Ah ....thunderstorms predicted .... some folks can tell when they’re expected because their head doesn’t feel right .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 01:25 PM

Yep. Spent most of yesterday in bed, fybromyalgia flared up and osteo arthritis was playing up.
I took some pain tablets I don't normally take as they upset my tum, but had to.

Better today, knowing I have to take Dolly out makes me exercise and cheers me up a bit.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 01:54 PM

IT was raining rather heavily here,first thing this morning...my feet got rather wet on the way back from the shops.

On a day like today...I will bake to lift my mood.Zueleika.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 02:39 PM

We have a fresh breeze at present.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 02:40 PM

It's not nice weather, headachy all week. But got tore into the house today as well as doing a load of washing that I had to keep belting in and out the back to make sure it had not blown away or the rain had started. All done and not it's pouring down. I'm away for a big Latte and a few choccy digestives.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 04:10 PM

I.m very lucky, warm and humid weather never affects me although I can struggle to sleep at night
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 04:32 PM

Fortunately I no longer get those horrible migraine-type headaches or am affected when the weather is hot and humid with an approaching thunderstorm. It always used to be that at the first sign of thundery weather I would get a bad headache, mind you my dog used to be first to be affected, she would go very quiet and find somewhere to lie down, stop trembling and be quiet.

The remedy for curing my headaches I don't recommend though, they stopped completely following a heart attack – no fun I can assure you!

My GP when asked said it was to do with the medication I am on. This widens the arteries which means less blood pressure so possibly the change in air pressure when there's a thunderstorm around no longer affects me as it used to. Any hydraulic system will have less pressure if liquid is forced through a wider tube, which is what our blood pressure and arteries are.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top