Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 08:47 AM

Passwords???

Hi

Sorry not sure where this should go, but I just wanted to know is there anyway to change my password while I'm logged in on older computer?

For some reason my newer device has not saved the passwords correctly so every time I try to log in with the same name and password on the newer computer it's not recognising it? Not sure why.

I think I typed either my name or password in wrongly the first time I used that device and the browser has saved it as that to log in? .. however on my older device the name and password works!!!

Any ideas???

Susan
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 09:25 AM

Re: Passwords???

I usually tick the box that says I've forgotten my password, they usually send a link to my email so I change it, hopefully it then gets recognised by new devices.
Hope this helps.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I usually tick the box that says I've forgotten my password, they usually send a link to my email so I change it, hopefully it then gets recognised by new devices.
Hope this helps.
That should work alright, I did that the other week as I was having trouble logging-in. The e-mail notifying me of a new password, plus the opportunity to change to one of my own choosing arrived, since then no more problems.

Susan68 – Is there no way of finding out what password has been assigned to OFF on each of your devices? On Apple Macs it's possible to find out all passwords for everything, not sure about Windows machines though.
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
That should work alright, I did that the other week as I was having trouble logging-in. The e-mail notifying me of a new password, plus the opportunity to change to one of my own choosing arrived, since then no more problems.

Susan68 – Is there no way of finding out what password has been assigned to OFF on each of your devices? On Apple Macs it's possible to find out all passwords for everything, not sure about Windows machines though.
If there is I don't know how to find it..lol! ..Mine are Mac's ..the old Macbook pro logs in fine but the newer one (thin ones with no ports!) I get a message that I've had one attempt! ..I can only think I hit a wrong key somewhere when putting it in the first time and its still saved it as 'log in' details..I'm using Firefox for Mac on both.
Susan68
Up North, UK

22-07-2019, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Hope this helps.
I'll try it that way, was thinking there maybe a way once I was logged in on old device to change password then use that one to try and log in on the new one.

Though I guess that won't help if the typo was in the screen name and I didn't realise!

Can I get to some kind of list showing where firefox saves the passwords/logins and check what it was saved as?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 10:24 AM

In firefox for windows this is how to do it, I assume it might be the same on a mac.

Click on burger menu at top right
scroll down to logins and passwords and click on it which brings up a list of saved logins
search for the login you want
click on Show passwords
Susan68
Up North, UK

22-07-2019, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
In firefox for windows this is how to do it, I assume it might be the same on a mac.

Click on burger menu at top right
scroll down to logins and passwords and click on it which brings up a list of saved logins
search for the login you want
click on Show passwords

Thanks!

I forgot I'd already asked for a new password before and they'd sent a random one. so where do I go now on the forum to change it to something I can remember?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->
Thanks!

I forgot I'd already asked for a new password before and they'd sent a random one. so where do I go now on the forum to change it to something I can remember?
Hi Susan
Go to control panel ( up top )
Then hit setting and options ( third section along left hand column)
There’s a place there for changing( editing ) email and password.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->
If there is I don't know how to find it..lol! ..Mine are Mac's ..the old Macbook pro logs in fine but the newer one (thin ones with no ports!) I get a message that I've had one attempt! ..I can only think I hit a wrong key somewhere when putting it in the first time and its still saved it as 'log in' details..I'm using Firefox for Mac on both.
Sorry not got back to you, I've been out for most of the day.

On my MacBook Pro I just go to the top and click on Safari, then click on Preferences, then click on Passwords. That shows a list of all passwords but they are encrypted so just show as bullet points, you have to then put in your Mac password (same as you log onto the Mac with) to reveal the passwords as they don't show without doing that. What I do is to click on the first one holding the Shift key down then scroll to the bottom of the list still holding the Shift key down, click on the last one and all passwords will be shown. Just delete the one you don't want, then when you log into OFF you will be asked if you want to save that password, answer yes and that will be saved on that list of passwords on that Mac. The newer Mac should be the same or similar so try that same procedure.

I am guessing that Firefox on the Mac will be the same or similar. It should also be similar on the MacBook Air which I guess is the newer one.
Susan68
Up North, UK

23-07-2019, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Hi Susan
Go to control panel ( up top )
Then hit setting and options ( third section along left hand column)
There’s a place there for changing( editing ) email and password.
Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top