Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 07:25 AM

Government Minister manhandles woman protester

Government Minister manhandles a woman protester like a nazi Obersturmbanfuhrer !!!

Climate change protesters have disrupted Chancellor Philip Hammond's Mansion House speech.

Mr Hammond had barely started his address when the activists interrupted the black tie event in the City of London.

The disruption lasted several minutes before a slow hand clap broke out among the seated guests, and Mr Hammond got back to his feet at 9.05pm.

Greenpeace later said 40 of its activists, some of whom wore red evening dresses with sashes that read "climate emergency" had interrupted the event, which was being broadcast live on television.

In a statement, Greenpeace UK climate campaigner Areeba Hamid said: "This is a climate emergency. Business as usual is no longer an option."
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 07:42 AM

Re: Government Minister manhandles woman protester

Hi

So what?

I would have done the same.

Democracy is about a vote, not stupidity.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 08:49 AM

***Please stick to the topic, thank you
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 09:00 AM

I agree Swimmy..

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

So what?

I would have done the same.

Democracy is about a vote, not stupidity.
There are times and places for protests, in a time where we are under threat of terrorism and using a knife to attack people is becoming commonplace, we can't allow people to gatecrash private events .

'Act first thing afterwards' in this instance..

ETA I am amazed there wasn't more security and the protesters got in the building in the first place.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I agree Swimmy..

In a time where we are under threat of terrorism and using a knife is becoming commonplace, we can't allow people to gatecrash private events .

Hi

Thank you for that Meg.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Government Minister manhandles a woman protester like a nazi Obersturmbanfuhrer !!!
Come on Joe - like me, you are old enough to have been involved in the CND/Committee of 100 and Anti-Vietnam War protests of the 60's. We knew the risks we were taking by our protests and civil disobedience and often ended up in the cells with sore heads, black eyes and bruised ribs. From the opposite perspective I can remember holding anti-racist meetings which were disrupted by NF and BNP supporters. We kicked them out - no quarter given or taken!
I think the complaints are disingenuous to say the least.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

21-06-2019, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
Thank you for that Meg.
We already know so called 'climate change protestors' have threatened to use drones at major airports endangering aircraft and passengers .

We live in age of fanatics where an MP is stabbed and others are threatened, 'protesters' need to take these things into consideration when carrying out their protests.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 09:14 AM

I agree Swimmy..

There are times and places for protests, in a time where we are under threat of terrorism and using a knife to attack people is becoming commonplace, we can't allow people to gatecrash private events .

ETA I am amazed there wasn't more security and the protesters got in the building in the first place.
I am all for peaceful protest because this is supposed to be a democratic country, however what has been happening in this country over the last few years with terrorism and the murder of an MP should lead to a more stringent security for events like this - surely?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 09:15 AM

For myself, I do understand the need to be uber-sensitive to the risk of extreme violence since terrorism has become a political tactic but nevertheless I feel that the response by Field was more raw anger and possibly even hatred than any fear of attack.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

21-06-2019, 09:19 AM

We already know so called 'climate change protestors' have threatened to use drones at major airports endangering aircraft and passengers .

We live in age of fanatics where an MP is stabbed and others are threatened, 'protesters' need to take these things into consideration when carrying out their protests.
Hi

I could not agree more.

You understand, it was your Mans job.

Many do not.

You are right to be immensely proud of him.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top