Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 02:48 PM

Re: Living Separately in a Marriage

Yes there's a couple who are like that live not too far away from us. They seem very happy.
Actually we're kind of like that....A bit. I still have my own home in Perth though I do spend most of my time up in Caithness with Himself. But I need a lot of personal space so I return to my own home several times a year. Sometimes he takes a break and comes to Perth as well, but not that often.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 05:28 PM

That's not really a marriage tho is it ?
Marriage is loving someone and sharing your life with them .
That does mean living with them .

Marriages where the couple do not live together invariably break down .

People get lonely and find others who will live with them .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 05:39 PM

Personally,no I wouldn't.

What's the point of being married?

More like an agreement /conditions,than a marriage.

When the going gets tough,...lets live in a separate house.

Each to their own,..if it works for them,...it's none of my business.

I think couples of today (some) don't seem to want to work at a marriage/commitment....they want the easy option....divorce or living in a separate dwelling.

Edit to add,...I admire couples who have lived together for many years....I call it being devoted and committed...they have certainly stood the test of time.....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 06:05 PM

Everyone to their own choice of course. I am just so happy that now in my twilight years, I have someone that I love with every fibre in my body, here in the same house to share everything with me 24 hours of the day. That, to me, is what being married is all about.

I appreciate it is different for every couple though. I came from a very large family, I had a very large family. The mere thought of living on my own is dreadful. Every day we have left together, we're making the most of it. I wouldn't even spend a night in a different bedroom, never mind a different house! Besides, I would miss my hugs and cuddles and putting my cold feet on him at night!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Everyone to their own choice of course. I am just so happy that now in my twilight years, I have someone that I love with every fibre in my body, here in the same house to share everything with me 24 hours of the day. That, to me, is what being married is all about.

I appreciate it is different for every couple though. I came from a very large family, I had a very large family. The mere thought of living on my own is dreadful. Every day we have left together, we're making the most of it. I wouldn't even spend a night in a different bedroom, never mind a different house! Besides, I would miss my hugs and cuddles and putting my cold feet on him at night!
And who would be there to obey your rules if HWMO wasn't there Shropshire Girl?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 10:29 PM

I'd go a stage further and skip the marriage part entirely if I was looking to start a relationship at this time in my life. "Living apart together" is ideal really. No finances linked, each keeps their own property, no obligation to put up with each others family and friends and no need to endure someone's little quirks all day long. I can understand being married for the sake of any children a couple may have, but with thankfully no likelihood of kids in a new relationship why marry at all.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 10:33 PM

Because, no man is an island?

And no lady is a Coral Reef.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 10:34 PM

There was a time, l dreaded that l would ever be on my own but now l am in that position, l love it!
My freedom, means a lot to me.

I knew of a couple who married at a later age but lived apart. They said, it was for pension reasons.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 10:37 PM

There are many autonomous units, its just the way it is.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 11:36 PM

There are days when I consider it.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top