Join for free
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 05:44 AM

A American view of Cricket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phWWfqhEJmU
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 06:08 AM

Re: A American view of Cricket

Yes it's always a hoot to hear Americans talk about cricket. The main thing they don't understand is how you can play a game for 5 days and not get a result. I have spent a lot of time in San Francisco. THey do play cricket in the US and there are several clubs in San Francisco Bay Area. Many of the members are expat Sub Continental people/ West Indians/ South Africans etc. Don't remember any English there playing cricket.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 10:23 AM

I watch the 50 and 20 overs with interest but maybe because I am now old, I love test cricket. What other game goes on for 5 days nobody wins and both teams can be pleased with the result! Test cricket to me is like chess on grass!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 10:56 AM

[QUOTE=Ciderman;1738188]I watch the 50 and 20 overs with interest but maybe because I am now old, I love test cricket. What other game goes on for 5 days nobody wins and both teams can be pleased with the result! Test cricket to me is like chess on grass! [/QUOT

Totally with you there Ciderman. I don't mind an ODI if I can be arsed watching it. As for 20/20, why not face up to what it's trying to be and just play baseball. Test cricket is the only real cricket for mine. Chess on grass is a perfect description
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Yes it's always a hoot to hear Americans talk about cricket. The main thing they don't understand is how you can play a game for 5 days and not get a result. I have spent a lot of time in San Francisco. THey do play cricket in the US and there are several clubs in San Francisco Bay Area. Many of the members are expat Sub Continental people/ West Indians/ South Africans etc. Don't remember any English there playing cricket.

Did read somewhere years ago the actor Boris Karloff had a cricket team in Hollywood and played a few games with the locals

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top