Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 10:00 AM

Gina Millers Latest Stunt

She's back!

Launching a legal campaign to prevent Boris Johnson from proroguing parliament because its "unconstitutional". This is totally different to ignoring the result of a referendum and trying to overturn it by fudging our democracy.

But never mind ... sugar daddy George Soros will be along to pay for it at some point.... it won't be Millers millions that's for sure.

Its ok though, for hypocrite remain supporters like John Major (who is also in on the scheme) to prologue parliament to avoid exposing the cash for questions scandal.

Fear not though fellow Brexiters, I think she will lose because removing the right to prologue parliament is also unconstitutional.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 11:27 AM

Re: Gina Millers Latest Stunt

Originally Posted by Bread ->
She's back!

Launching a legal campaign to prevent Boris Johnson from proroguing parliament because its "unconstitutional". This is totally different to ignoring the result of a referendum and trying to overturn it by fudging our democracy.

But never mind ... sugar daddy George Soros will be along to pay for it at some point.... it won't be Millers millions that's for sure.

Its ok though, for hypocrite remain supporters like John Major (who is also in on the scheme) to prologue parliament to avoid exposing the cash for questions scandal.

Fear not though fellow Brexiters, I think she will lose because removing the right to prologue parliament is also unconstitutional.
You beat me to it Bread! What do these individuals hope to
gain by frustrating the clearly expressed will of the people?
Why does'nt she put herself up for election if she wants to
influence events? She has had the chance, as we all have,
to influence things when she voted in the election and the
referendum!! now she wants another go??
Why are her views more important than ours?
My advice to her would be to shut up or put herself up for
election!!!

Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
election!!!

Regards Donkeyman!
But donks! Suppose judges decide in favour of miller. That only means that miller prevents an illegal act from happening, And we all want things to go in accordance with british law, don't we? If judges decide in favour of johnson, he and eveybody else will know things are going as the law prescribes. Who can be against gaining such a security?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 12:22 PM

election!!!

Regards Donkeyman!

She needs to protect the millions she and her husband have in their hedge funds and keep the faith with George Soros.

I can't see how the UK judges can make a law that means the EU have to give us a deal in order to leave - that's just nonsense. Even "Pin Head" Yvette Cooper Balls only managed to get an act of parliament passed that required the PM to only "request an extension". When May asked for the extension on April 12th she should have refused the offer. If she had, we would have been out by now.

As I see it....

1. It is UK law and EU law that we leave the EU on 31st October at 11pm GMT.

2. To avoid this, we have to either revoke A50 (won't happen) or change UK law to leave on another date via extension (the EU will not give us a further extension and even if they did, it doesn't change UK law if we ignore them).

3. An act of parliament does not supersede what is already in UK law - so Millers dicking around isn't really worth anything at all. Besides, how is a "deal" defined and is it the "withdrawal agreement" (that cannot be changed and was rejected 3 times) or a free trade agreement with the EU (that we cannot make as a member state anyway). All Miller is doing is making sure we cannot leave the EU and being unconstitutional and not democratic in the process.

4. We do not need to prorogue parliament to leave the EU - it is UK law and EU law that we do so on October 31st.

5. If we did prorogue parliament, apparently, Rory Stewart will set up a new parliament in its place in the local pub, calling on Betty Boothroyd as the speaker .... this is not constitutional and cannot over rule our own parliament - it cannot make laws, so it's just a nonsense by the remain cretin parliamentarians.

In the meantime, we should ignore everything the EU asks us to do, including their laws and any payments we make to them. If we want to make free trade arrangements with the USA, then we should just go ahead and do it - the same with any other country that it is in our interest to do.

So...

1. We leave with a good deal (whatever this is)

2. We leave with no deal

Remain is no longer an option.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 01:21 PM

election!!!

Regards Donkeyman!
The thing is, she is half foreign so we are not her people.

I like the rhyming slang title btw.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
She needs to protect the millions she and her husband have in their hedge funds and keep the faith with George Soros.

I can't see how the UK judges can make a law that means the EU have to give us a deal in order to leave - that's just nonsense. Even "Pin Head" Yvette Cooper Balls only managed to get an act of parliament passed that required the PM to only "request an extension". When May asked for the extension on April 12th she should have refused the offer. If she had, we would have been out by now.

As I see it....

1. It is UK law and EU law that we leave the EU on 31st October at 11pm GMT.

2. To avoid this, we have to either revoke A50 (won't happen) or change UK law to leave on another date via extension (the EU will not give us a further extension and even if they did, it doesn't change UK law if we ignore them).

3. An act of parliament does not supersede what is already in UK law - so Millers dicking around isn't really worth anything at all. Besides, how is a "deal" defined and is it the "withdrawal agreement" (that cannot be changed and was rejected 3 times) or a free trade agreement with the EU (that we cannot make as a member state anyway). All Miller is doing is making sure we cannot leave the EU and being unconstitutional and not democratic in the process.

4. We do not need to prorogue parliament to leave the EU - it is UK law and EU law that we do so on October 31st.

5. If we did prorogue parliament, apparently, Rory Stewart will set up a new parliament in its place in the local pub, calling on Betty Boothroyd as the speaker .... this is not constitutional and cannot over rule our own parliament - it cannot make laws, so it's just a nonsense by the remain cretin parliamentarians.

In the meantime, we should ignore everything the EU asks us to do, including their laws and any payments we make to them. If we want to make free trade arrangements with the USA, then we should just go ahead and do it - the same with any other country that it is in our interest to do.

So...

1. We leave with a good deal (whatever this is)

2. We leave with no deal

Remain is no longer an option.
Whilst l agree with your summing up Bread, you dont explain
how the remainers were able to frustrate a democratic vote
and leave us all in limbo recently?
It seems they are allready setting in action the same plan
they used previously? My worry is how long can this shyte
continue? And can they succeed in their aims? Never forget
the majority of POSHOC are remainers and so are not averse
to using obscure rules etc to get their way! The electorate
does not enter their minds at all!
The only thing that can change things is a GE, and the sooner
the better!

Regards Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

15-07-2019, 01:50 PM

Whilst l agree with your summing up Bread, you dont explain
how the remainers were able to frustrate a democratic vote
and leave us all in limbo recently?
It seems they are allready setting in action the same plan
they used previously? My worry is how long can this shyte
continue? And can they succeed in their aims? Never forget
the majority of POSHOC are remainers and so are not averse
to using obscure rules etc to get their way! The electorate
does not enter their minds at all!
The only thing that can change things is a GE, and the sooner
the better!

Regards Donkeyman!
Because May let them ... she wants to remain too. I heard yesterday that she was "surprised" that the leavers were so determined to leave... says it all really.

Parliament is the problem - it's top heavy with remainers even though 90%+ voted in favour of triggering A50 and for the Withdrawal Act.

The remain parliamentarians are only serving themselves.

If Boris chooses a pro-leave cabinet (which I'm sure he will do) then the government has a much stronger voice for leaving. Too many remainers were put on the front bench by May (like Hammond, Rudd and co) allowing the whole process to get shafted by the cretins.

I think that past 11th September there is no going back because then there is no time to do anything else to stop Brexit as there will not be enough time.

If I were Boris I would speak to every remain MP who has a constituency that voted leave and tell them that unless they get behind Brexit, when a GE is called, they will be out of a job.

That should do the trick
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 02:19 PM

I think there will be a negotiated deal and regardless of all the negative hype surrounding the prospective replacement for Juncker as President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, after listened to a radio programme profiling her the other day I was quite encouraged by what I heard and think she may be someone who could help make a deal possible .
Ursula comes across as sensible, pragmatic and a huge improvement on Junkers.

This from Brexit Central...

Even though she has also described the backstop and its arrangements as a “clever proposition”, the new Prime Minister – whoever it is – can have a pragmatic negotiating partner in Ursula von der Leyen. Unlike some others, she is not driven by an objective to punish the UK, but rather will seek to prevent No Deal from happening by making further talks possible. They, of course, are the stated aim of both candidates battling for the keys to No. 10 and a clear prerequisite for any deal passing the House of Commons. What distinguishes Ursula von der Leyen from many European politicians is her attention to detail, her willingness to understand others’ points of view and her determination to make Brexit work, yes, for the EU27, but also for its British friends and neighbours as well. Let us all hope that von der Leyen’s Presidency – assuming it is approved by the European Parliament later this month – will allow both sides to overcome the current impasse and, thereby let the UK make a success of Brexit. There is reason for that hope!
Full article...

https://brexitcentral.com/ursula-von...-a-pragmatist/

She first has to get elected of course...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

15-07-2019, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think there will be a negotiated deal and regardless of all the negative hype surrounding the prospective replacement for Juncker as President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, after listened to a radio programme profiling her the other day I was quite encouraged by what I heard and think she may be someone who could help make a deal possible .

Full article...

There are rumours that she won't get elected so I'm not holding my breath

I know she isn't popular with the Greens and then there is the issue of the "secret ballot" ... so who knows...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Full article...

Ursula von der Leyen, the nominee to lead the European commission, has signalled she will not reopen Brexit talks with the next British prime minister and stressed the “precious” Irish backstop must be defended.

She said she still hoped the UK would remain in the*European Union, while indicating she had no intention to renegotiate the withdrawal deal agreed by Theresa May and EU leaders.

“I think it’s a good deal, but it is your responsibility and your noble task to sort this out,” she told a British Liberal Democrat MEP in the European parliament, in her first public comments on*Brexit.

In a thinly veiled message to the Tory leadership candidates Jeremy Hunt and Boris Johnson, Von der Leyen said the tone and attitude with which Brexit happens were crucial, adding: “Brexit is not the end of something, Brexit is the beginning of future relations and it’s of absolute importance that we have good cooperation.”

She also made it clear she opposed attempts by both men to reopen discussions on the backstop, the fallback plan to avoid a hard border on the island of*Ireland.

The full article: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...talks-backstop

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top