Join for free
Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 05:31 PM

Re: Petition by Age UK protesting withdrawal of free TV licences for over 75s

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Of course they do - MPs expenses, homing illegal immigrants, sending money to countries who use it to make weapons - to use against us, little incidentals like that.

Oh - welcome back, Tarantula.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
One positive from no bbc will be no more PROJECT FEAR or
propoganda or food programnes!

Regards Donkeyman!
Or BBC football!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 06:13 PM

It's very sad that anyone, and I mean anyone, could ever even contemplate denying pensioners aged over 75 years of age from their promised free TV Licence.
I don't know how those people who made this decision, sleep at night.
They have obviously done this as a clever ploy, hoping that the government would again take over the responsibility and the bill, or the people who made this decision are complete A...H...'s. and just do not care. Especially with the agreement they made with the government to continue with free television licences for over 75's as long as they could continue with licence fee rises for the rest of us. Either way, the BBC are rightly being seen as nothing more than an uncaring, selfish, greedy establishment.

The sheer fact alone that at their age, they all went through the most horrific ordeal of surviving WW2, worked hard all of their adult lives with nothing to protect them as we have nowadays, such as Health & Safety and all the other safety nets we take so much for granted makes them the most deserving recipients of a free licence.

I am of the opinion that all those already in possession of a free television licence should certainly not be receiving letters from the BBC as they are doing this week, informing them that as from 2020, their licence will no longer be free. They also have the audacity to suggest they should apply for Pension Credit so they can continue to watch their tv's for free! Condescending Prats!. Maybe we should ask all of those bloodsuckers earning over £150,000, for what? to take a paycut instead. The mere thought of that arrogant talentless tv guru, Gary Linecker, on £1.75million a year, actually refusing to take a paycut, makes me feel really angry.

I think it is time that we refuse to pay the tv licence until they reinstate the free tv licence fee for those aged over 75. The most vulnerable in our society. The problem is, those at that age have no-one to stick up for them officially, Thank goodness for the ordinary man and woman in the street who are not prepared to accept such a travesty. The BBC obviously hoped that once the news was out, people would quickly forget. No chance! I will sign every petition against the BBC's disgraceful action that I can see out there. Good luck JBR, and good luck to everyone doing what they can.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 06:15 PM

On behalf of the working classes I would like to welcome Tarantula back, your short negative responses always guarantees a huge responses
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-07-2019, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
It's very sad that anyone, and I mean anyone, could ever even contemplate denying pensioners aged over 75 years of age from their promised free TV Licence.
I don't know how those people who made this decision, sleep at night.
They have obviously done this as a clever ploy, hoping that the government would again take over the responsibility and the bill, or the people who made this decision are complete A...H...'s. and just do not care. Especially with the agreement they made with the government to continue with free television licences for over 75's as long as they could continue with licence fee rises for the rest of us. Either way, the BBC are rightly being seen as nothing more than an uncaring, selfish, greedy establishment.

The sheer fact alone that at their age, they all went through the most horrific ordeal of surviving WW2, worked hard all of their adult lives with nothing to protect them as we have nowadays, such as Health & Safety and all the other safety nets we take so much for granted makes them the most deserving recipients of a free licence.

I am of the opinion that all those already in possession of a free television licence should certainly not be receiving letters from the BBC as they are doing this week, informing them that as from 2020, their licence will no longer be free. They also have the audacity to suggest they should apply for Pension Credit so they can continue to watch their tv's for free! Condescending Prats!. Maybe we should ask all of those bloodsuckers earning over £150,000, for what? to take a paycut instead. The mere thought of that arrogant talentless tv guru, Gary Linecker, on £1.75million a year, actually refusing to take a paycut, makes me feel really angry.

I think it is time that we refuse to pay the tv licence until they reinstate the free tv licence fee for those aged over 75. The most vulnerable in our society. The problem is, those at that age have no-one to stick up for them officially, Thank goodness for the ordinary man and woman in the street who are not prepared to accept such a travesty. The BBC obviously hoped that once the news was out, people would quickly forget. No chance! I will sign every petition against the BBC's disgraceful action that I can see out there. Good luck JBR, and good luck to everyone doing what they can.
I completely agree, SG.

It's not so much the extra money for a TV licence; it's the outright greed of the BBC, especially as I believe most people hardly ever watch it.

What I'd like to see is a publicised statement and invitation to those who feel strongly about it (and not just over-75s) to agree to refuse to pay for a TV licence if the numbers exceed, say, 50 thousand.

If we could get at least that number who agree to refuse to pay, they would be unable to imprison everyone simply due to the large number.

All numbers could be registered so that we could be informed, and agree to collectively refuse to pay.

Incidentally, no need to wish me good luck, as I shall not be over-75 for another nine years. I'm still a spring chicken!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-07-2019, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
On behalf of the working classes I would like to welcome Tarantula back, your short negative responses always guarantees a huge responses
Well, I can assure you that I shall treat her with the same contempt and antipathy as I do the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Or BBC football!
I forgot that!
Seems to be a habit lately!

Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I completely agree, SG.

It's not so much the extra money for a TV licence; it's the outright greed of the BBC, especially as I believe most people hardly ever watch it.

What I'd like to see is a publicised statement and invitation to those who feel strongly about it (and not just over-75s) to agree to refuse to pay for a TV licence if the numbers exceed, say, 50 thousand.

If we could get at least that number who agree to refuse to pay, they would be unable to imprison everyone simply due to the large number.

All numbers could be registered so that we could be informed, and agree to collectively refuse to pay.

Incidentally, no need to wish me good luck, as I shall not be over-75 for another nine years. I'm still a spring chicken!
Such wisdom from one so young JBR!
However if we can co-opt the the younger generation to assist
us l think we have a good chance of changing the regime
at the BBC?

Regards Donkeyman!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-07-2019, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Such wisdom from one so young JBR!
However if we can co-opt the the younger generation to assist
us l think we have a good chance of changing the regime
at the BBC?

Regards Donkeyman!
Yes, I agree. After all they, too, pay for being led astray by BBC political bias.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 12:09 PM

Get rid of that pill o kill Gary Linneker for one .
He gets paid £1.8 for talking absoute b....locks about football.
I can talk b.....locks with the best of them for far less a salary

Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top