Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 12:18 PM

Re: It's Testing Time...

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Judd, l have had two separate test results come back ‘Abnormal’. It is so worrying. You have to do another test and wait for a week or so for the result.
I think, my first test came back ‘Abnormal’ because l had been eating black pudding during the test week.
The second time, l don’t know but both second tests were fine.

Re. Your other test at the health centre, couldn’t you request the nurse hold your hand whilst the examination is in progress?
Thanks for that Art.

What other test? I'm just having the one as far as I know - don't know about a nurse holding my hand, more like holding me down while I'm anally probed.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Thanks for that Art.

What other test? I'm just having the one as far as I know - don't know about a nurse holding my hand, more like holding me down while I'm anally probed.
You don't need a nurse for that Judd, the ladies from LTP have all volunteered to sit on you!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You don't need a nurse for that Judd, the ladies from LTP have all volunteered to sit on you!
You did say 'Sit' didn't you?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 01:42 PM

Judd, l have had two separate test results come back ‘Abnormal’. It is so worrying. You have to do another test and wait for a week or so for the result.
I think, my first test came back ‘Abnormal’ because l had been eating black pudding during the test week.
The second time, l don’t know but both second tests were fine.

Re. Your other test at the health centre, couldn’t you request the nurse hold your hand whilst the examination is in progress?
I think with the amount of testing that goes on for whatever reason, they are bound to go wrong sometimes.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You did say 'Sit' didn't you?
Of course I did! We ladies are not as uncouth as you men seem to be!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Excitement reigns...

Yesterday I received my Bowel Cancer Test Kit.

Looks like the next one, in a couple of years time, will be my last - after 74 it appears that you are on your own.
Know the score. I had ulcerative colitis for many years so I also had to have a colonoscopy every few years. Not one of my favourite procedures.

I got the all clear on the last one - and it will be that last one. Again, an age thing.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Thanks for that Art.

Judd, I thought your anal examination might be classed as a type of test? The doctors hand probing, testing for any enlargement of your prostate gland?

I’m not sure l worded that very well!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 10:04 AM

Judd, I thought your anal examination might be classed as a type of test? The doctors hand probing, testing for any enlargement of your prostate gland?

Some places will do it with just a blood test now.
Not sure how that works though.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 02:12 PM

The prostate check at the same time as my colonoscopy was a bit of humour directed at the alleged reputation of us Yorkies getting our money's worth.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Some places will do it with just a blood test now.
Not sure how that works though.
I think it is all blood test now (called PSA if my memory serves me right). My doctor sends me for a blood test every year when they test for PSA, cholesterol, diabetes and a few other things - all done as a matter of course these days.

My doctor explained the PSA (Prostate Specific Somethings) - the numbers returned slowly increase with age but they are looking for a big jump or a very high number apparently.

No doctor has probed my posterior for years!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top