Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 08:02 PM

Re: Giving to charity..

I hope some of the adverts are bit more upbeat next year Hazel, especially the Barnardo's ones. The 2012 advert featuring Michael I found quite upsetting.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 10:40 PM

I am sick and tired of seeing black brats in Africa. Why can't all the charities do something to curb the birth rate. It is the only thing that will make a difference long term. All they do is have more and more kids they can't afford and expect the western world to cough up in aid. Its crap.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I am sick and tired of seeing black brats in Africa. Why can't all the charities do something to curb the birth rate. It is the only thing that will make a difference long term. All they do is have more and more kids they can't afford and expect the western world to cough up in aid. Its crap.
It's awful isn't it these starving, exploited people expecting those wealthy countries where 50% of the population is obese to have to give up anything to help them. Quite absurd.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 12:52 AM

Oh dear, you've mentioned the unmentionable elephant in the room - uncontrolled population growth!
Unfortunately it is not down to charities to promote contraception in the Third World, it should be promoted by their own corrupt governments. The problem is that looking at the situation logically and unemotionally, all "humanitarian aid" does is to keep people alive long enough to reproduce and create another unsustainable generation which increases the problem long term.
Again, when you look at it logically, foreign aid is a pretty good bargain for the wealthy western political class. We give them a few million in food aid and allow the trained doctors, nurses, teachers and technicians they so desperately need to migrate to the west, saving us the trouble of educating our own people and enabling the authorities to keep down wages. Also, instead of helping people in third world countries to develop subsistence farming so they can feed themselves, we encourage them to grow crops that we want, so we can buy them cheaply.

Mick
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 10:42 AM

My wife and I donate to St. Jude, Humane Society, Animal Care and that is all. One can never tell where that money goes in other organizations. Tally-hooo
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by mickb ->
oh dear, you've mentioned the unmentionable elephant in the room - uncontrolled population growth!
Unfortunately it is not down to charities to promote contraception in the third world, it should be promoted by their own corrupt governments. The problem is that looking at the situation logically and unemotionally, all "humanitarian aid" does is to keep people alive long enough to reproduce and create another unsustainable generation which increases the problem long term.
Again, when you look at it logically, foreign aid is a pretty good bargain for the wealthy western political class. We give them a few million in food aid and allow the trained doctors, nurses, teachers and technicians they so desperately need to migrate to the west, saving us the trouble of educating our own people and enabling the authorities to keep down wages. Also, instead of helping people in third world countries to develop subsistence farming so they can feed themselves, we encourage them to grow crops that we want, so we can buy them cheaply.

Mick
jolly good statement mick b!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 11:21 AM

Why call these children 'black brats' ! Are their circumstances 'their' fault. What you describe - is exactly what 'white' women do here - and we all pay for that !
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 11:40 AM

I only give to Animal Ones. The Cruelty and Hardship they suffer at the Hands of Humans is Unreal.
Banditta
New Member!
Northern Ireland
Banditta is female 

31-12-2012, 12:59 PM

I gave Xmas gifts through a charity the previous two years (flock of chickens type stuff) but they completely messed up sending out the cards to the recipients two years in a row so this year it was back to chocs and flowers.
Banditta
New Member!
Northern Ireland
Banditta is female 

31-12-2012, 02:33 PM

Must say the 'black brats' bit is pretty offensive......such a depth of political analysis.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top