Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 09:07 AM

Any Budding Authors?

Seems that there is a way to make money from writing which doesn't involve grovelling to publishers.

I might give this a go as I have written a nonsensical book myself . Could be a few bucks in it for me .

E-book revolution
(BBC News link - safe)
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 09:19 AM

Re: Any Budding Authors?

My grown up kids are producing a set of modest sized books based on my family history archive, for our own pleasure more than anything.
A friend of mine from our creative writing group started out with poetry & had a number published in magazines . She then went on to self publish a book about her mother & has gone on to write murder mysteries. WE are all proud of her.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
My grown up kids are producing a set of modest sized books based on my family history archive, for our own pleasure more than anything.
A friend of mine from our creative writing group started out with poetry & had a number published in magazines . She then went on to self publish a book about her mother & has gone on to write murder mysteries. WE are all proud of her.
So you should be .

Quite something when you see your work in print for the first time. I have had such a thrill with a motorbike article I submitted to a motorbike magazine .
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 09:58 AM

I've had a few letters printed in the local papers over the years, I wonder if that would qualify me
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

24-08-2013, 10:33 AM

Making enquiries about article writing...

You can follow my enquiries on a forum I use. The big names in marketing are on this forum so hopefully once they get over the idea of me creating something I will get the leads I am after for you.

http://performancein.com/forums/affi...e-writers.html
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 08:49 PM

Budding author? Yessssss!! I dream of getting something published: I just need to finish the darn thing. Too much disturbance at the moment I can't concentrate enough.

Got a full length novel on the go, Top Gear spoof episodes, short stories, and a project which doesn't have enough material for full length but may do as a novella.

If those b*****s upstairs were to move out and the flat stayed empty I could maybe get on with it all.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

26-08-2013, 08:41 AM

There is some movement with this. I have been asked to contact a website owner who requires articles . It is time to find out if you really do want to write articles - for money obviously . It would help for you to put down what interests/expertise you have - what fields. This will help me in any negotiations that might ensue. It might not be a simple case of finding you someone to act as a middle man but for us to do it directly ourselves, or indeed for me to become the middle man .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 08:51 AM

There's a book inside everyone, unfortunately, I think mine is a workshop manual.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 09:03 AM

I've got several short stories and poems on Amazon's e-book site, they've been on there months now and so far nobody has even bought one (pause for sad music ...) perhaps that says something about my supposed talent.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

26-08-2013, 09:29 AM

Well there seems to be plenty of authors visiting this forum. Here is the post I have just placed on the Affiliate Forum to try to move things forward as fast as possible.
http://performancein.com/forums/affi...e-writers.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top