Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 04:03 PM

Re: Money CAN buy Happiness

Money can definitely give you a better quality of life, but when it comes to any life changing crisis, e.g. a family death, then it means nothing whatsoever. Money can't help grief.

It is nice not to have to penny pinch. I've been there and it's not a good place. You want to give your family the best, but you can't always afford to do that.

Some people are too rich. It's an evil divide.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 05:10 PM

Too rich for whom? For their own good or for other peoples? I don't care how much other people have - It's what I have that concerns me.
To quote Wallis Simpson - "You can never be too rich or too thin" - though I don't agree with the thin bit.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Too rich for whom? For their own good or for other peoples? I don't care how much other people have - It's what I have that concerns me.
To quote Wallis Simpson - "You can never be too rich or too thin" - though I don't agree with the thin bit.
Sorry, but I do not agree. I think it's an ill divided world where some people get paid far too much. End up greedy. I can look at greedy people and think that they should at least donate something to the needy. I can't imagine how that would be. I donate when I can and my wage is very basic. I hate greedy rich people.

Some people get paid far too much and they don't deserve it. Other people knock their pan out for a rubbish wage. It's so wrong on so many levels.
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 10:28 PM

My first post!
Money does give a better quality of life and I'd rather be rich and unhappy than poor and unhappy.
I've never been short of a bob or two and due to hard work and some luck I've been able to live comfortably. I was an accountant and so I've always been good with money, I've never married and do not have any children so I was able retire a couple of years ago age just 48.
But there are a couple of lines in the George Michael song 'Waiting for that Day (Reprise)' and they are very profound;
"And the road that I have walked upon,
Well it filled my pockets and emptied out my soul"
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 10:59 PM

I have been very poor and yes later on I was able to pay my bills without blinking. Money cannot buy happiness but lack of money sure does hurt-every day is just a grind to survive
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 11:09 PM

I think it depends on what you do with your money as to whether it makes you happy. I have very little but make every penny count and get great pleasure out of small luxuries such as day trips and finding a bargain!
My sister is very wealthy and is thoroughly miserable, she does nothing with her money and wallows in her misery, just getting richer by the day.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 05:07 PM

I know being rich can't make a person happy but it can buy better health which surely must make people happier. Just thinking of the 12 year wait my husband has had for a knee replacement if we had the money he could have been pain free years ago.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

28-10-2014, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I know being rich can't make a person happy but it can buy better health which surely must make people happier. Just thinking of the 12 year wait my husband has had for a knee replacement if we had the money he could have been pain free years ago.
Omg Julie! A 12 year wait? That is absolutely awful. If you stayed in my area then he'd have had it within 12 weeks!! It's awful having to pay for operations that other people get for free.

On another note, I've heard people say when money problems come in the door, then love goes out the window. I can only imagine it's because when you don't know where the next meal is coming from then it must be incredibly difficult and stressful for all the family. Doesn't bare thinking about
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 09:26 PM

You're right Julie, it can help greatly to make life easier. I would love to have a private MRI scan to find out exactly what's wrong with my insides and would love not to have to struggle with money now my daughter's in uni, it's very expensive even with the grants etc. people say I should ask my sister for help, but no way! Sometimes money's just not worth the hassle!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top