Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2015, 06:34 PM

Re: Opening a new bank account

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Then I suggest you send it back to the DVLA and insist they put your photo on it! *tuts*. Honestly: don't these organisations get anything right?
Lol you !

They'd charge me extra
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
You're allocated a National Insurance Number from the day you're born and in my opinion they're bonkers not to use a registry from this to prove who people are.
No its the day or just before you leave school..my class mates compared our NI numbers and they were almost the same with plus numbers.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I don't have a passport either but I do now have a driving license with the pic of some odd-looking woman on it !

I think I had to get it when I was moving Mum's bank account when I had power of attorney.
When my Wife died I applied for rights of Attorney no Passports or Driving license were required

All I was asked to do on line was to fill in a form and after go for an interview With proof of my name and date of birth and were I lived...the interview took 2 minutes

Same thing with my Passport which I had let lapse for 20 years.

They Know who we are. They just have to check
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
When my Wife died I applied for rights of Attorney no Passports or Driving license were required

All I was asked to do on line was to fill in a form and after go for an interview With proof of my name and date of birth and were I lived...the interview took 2 minutes

Same thing with my Passport which I had let lapse for 20 years.

They Know who we are. They just have to check
Well that sound far to sensible !

Must have been quite a while ago they've all gone nuts in the past few years
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
No its the day or just before you leave school..my class mates compared our NI numbers and they were almost the same with plus numbers.
Correct. Silbee simply got the names mixed up, it's the NHS set that's given at birth.
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 01:30 PM

You should be sent a National Insurance number automatically just before your 16th birthday if you live in the UK.

Call the National Insurance numbers helpline if you didn’t get one and you’re under 20.

If you’re over 20 and haven’t been sent one, call the Jobcentre Plus application line.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
it is really hard these days open a bank account, guess it is to do with money laundering. I have an account with a miniscule amount in so that if I wouls ever want to re-activate it I could.

I do the same .
Never close a bank account .
A few years ago I tried to open a bank a/c with Barclays s
After copious paperwork photocopies of passports etc etc I had a phone call from a Barclays person .
We need to see where the money is coming from .
I have already told you that lloyds bank
But we need to see a statement .
The amount does not equate with your income .

You are not seeing my statement how old are you ?
I explained
Well when you have worked many years you have if you are lucky some savings .
Then you retire and are on a small income ( pension)
I wish to open a savings a/c

We still need to see your bank statement .
Unless we do you can't have an account

I then told them they could keep their bank account along with their boss Bob diamond ( who at the time had just been found guilty of fixing the Libor)

Once upon a time a new customer was welcomed now all are treated as potential criminals .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

30-12-2015, 02:22 PM

Lol Muddy ... good for you

When I was transferring Mum from Lloyds to Santander 123, the Lloyds girl suggested having both accounts.

I had no idea you could have 2 current accounts and it certainly saved me a lot of unnecessary bother.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Lol Muddy ... good for you

When I was transferring Mum from Lloyds to Santander 123, the Lloyds girl suggested having both accounts.

I had no idea you could have 2 current accounts and it certainly saved me a lot of unnecessary bother.
Certainly nothing stopping you have more than one account, Rachel.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top