Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 01:44 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Would that be a physical Knob, or a metaphorical knob Gummy?
ah! an interesting point you bring :

. “Spittie, you’re going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” / “The truth is often what we make of it; you read what you wanted read, believed what you wanted to believe.”
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 01:49 PM

What are you on about Man, there is no such thing as truth.

You'd better believe it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 01:51 PM

Look at this masterpiece from the 1950’s, it would enhance any living room, six beautiful knobs at the disposal of the knob enthusiast, and an imitation wooden cabinet made from bakelite. this model was years ahead of it’s time too, on the left you have the radio and on the right the TV small screen (just like a 7” tablet today) and in the centre you had your immobile phone.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 01:56 PM

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 01:57 PM

Ladies have always liked a twiddle.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What are you on about Man, there is no such thing as truth.

You'd better believe it.
Ah the truth, fascinating subject.
When does the egg end and the chicken begin, why do the chickens link wings and cross the road in pairs, if we renamed black as white and white as black would it cause confusion in a dark room full of people.
Life is full of mysteries and rightly so, for as soon as they are no longer a mystery they hold no more interest for us, cast aside like a read novel.
As a wise old geezer once said to me “Son, if the real truth were told it would overwhelm us and swallow us all up in half a second”
According to that it would seem the more you lie the longer your goin’ to live, maybe all these wise old gits ain’t as wise as they’re made out to be, maybe they all work for big brother and get paid vast sums of money to spread fake news all over the place. Another self appointed ’seer’ told me “We only think we are here, the truth is we are not here at all, we are all floating around space as whiffs of gas” Old farts perhaps?
Ah but where would we be without these nuts to give us a laugh every now and then.
My advice is to stick to what your Granny told you and you’ll get along just fine.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

01-09-2018, 02:26 PM

Bottoms used to be Quirky. Now they are Quarky.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 02:29 PM

Bottoms up for me later.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 02:30 PM

and God said to Adam I have created a companion for you - she is perfect in everyway - big knobs! - endearing smile and good cleaning skills - only one problem - 'wots that says Adam?' - she likes twiddling a lot says God - well that don't seem much of a problem says Adam - "with ya knobs?" asks God - Yes says Adam I'll take her straight away!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

01-09-2018, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
and God said to Adam I have created a companion for you - she is perfect in everyway - big knobs! - endearing smile and good cleaning skills - only one problem - 'wots that says Adam?' - she likes twiddling a lot says God - well that don't seem much of a problem says Adam - "with ya knobs?" asks God - Yes says Adam I'll take her straight away!
Was that a physical take, or a metaphorical take?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top