Join for free
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 04:55 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Nice one Mags

Originally Posted by Mags ->
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 05:03 PM

Having had a few hectic very hot days there is nothing like chilling out with some great guitar playing.

Glastonbury may have been good for past memories but in reality if it isn't pouring down ...it aint a true Glastonbury experience. As for this posh glamping, yurting and whatever cardboard tenting they think up next, unless you share a 2 man bivvy tent in a muddy swamp that will sleep at least 8 and 10 at a push . again you are missing out on real life.

The days of decent toilet facilities are still a long way off cos if 'you just gotta go' so do thousands of others... all at the same time. Makes you wonder what is in all those left behind plastic bottles that David Attenborough thanked everyone one for not using. As always crowds will be crowds

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 08:16 PM

Lovely views of Lickey Hills there Spitty, plenty of dogs about too. We had a chap called Tony Hills working with us back in the 1980's, he was the boss's pet and everyone called him Lickey Hills, true.

Aw Mags that used to be my dear mother in law’s favourite song (What do you want to make those eyes at me for) she sang it at our wedding reception, brought a tear to me eye hearing it again, many thanks.
I didn’t know Betty Hutton had recorded it in 1944, no wonder the old girl knew every word of the song at the wedding, rest her dear soul.

Internet down again yesterday and most of today, that’s the third time for the month of June and the first for July.
We really have become too dependant on this type of technology today, so many things go wrong, I was surprised I let meself get swallowed up in the whole thing, I mean I’m so used to a click now and I can see all the racing results without having to move an inch, I’m well and truly hooked, God help us all it the whole lot comes crashing down on us.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 09:40 PM

Yep, them satellites are very vulnerable out there, in the cosmos, holding all the critical stuff, shouldn't let it cloud our judgement though.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 09:42 PM

BTW, where is Gummy and RJ.

And Pugsy?????
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-07-2019, 06:54 AM

As usual, left to moi to jesticulate.
solo
UK

03-07-2019, 11:30 AM

The nice thing about doing one or two leisurely scribbles is you don't get immersed or involved in this, that or the other which can cause discombobulation...and there is nowt worse than a bad case of discombobulation.

On here you just does your scribbly bit, feel content at adding something, no matter how small, then life goes on. Now how comfortable is that!

There is a saying "You're are only as good as your last...." and as there is a lot of truth behind that I leave any questions of "where has whosit gone" well alone cos sometimes... you just don't want to know the answer. Gone with the wind is enough for me.

Now back to dressmaking.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 01:30 PM

Well said Solo, and ain’t it the truth, “leisure and lack of bother is as good to a fellow as exercise”(who said that?) you come and you go when you please.
Discombobulation, what a terrific word, I’ll bet even RJ had to look that one up. I’ll have to squeeze that into a few forthcoming posts.
Them O’Hara’s from Tara were always a fussy clan, Tara being the old residence of the high kings of Ireland, so they all have this superiority complex, they thinks they's royalty.
solo
UK

03-07-2019, 05:20 PM

No matter how uppity those O'Haras from Tara were, that Gone with the Wind Tara earnt my admiration when she made that dress out of those green velvet curtains though.

As for exercise..well I think this old dear will just stick to leisure and lack of bother as it seems far easier

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-07-2019, 09:06 PM

Three names and no Zap, Frank would not be happy with no Zap.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top