Join for free
Page 103 of 276 « First < 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 01:08 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Well, I'm just preparing myself for a busy period coming up.

Next week I have the nurse, chemo, a CT scan and my doctor all in 4 days. Then I have my hospital stay on the 21st.

Feeling OK today though, I've got my Tesco delivery coming this afternoon and I've enjoyed watching the tennis.
Glad you are enjoying your TV.
You will be worn out next week Dreamy.
Thoughts and prayers go out to you - As always.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 05:22 PM

I'll feel a whole lot better once my CT scan is over on the 12th - I've had a few of these before.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 06:01 PM

We’re staying at an hotel near Hull for the weekend, just to break the monotony of being at home. What a gorgeous day it’s been too. Only a couple more days before your CT scan Ffosse, I know you have a busy week but then hopefully you can relax for a while.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 08:11 PM

I'll feel a whole lot better once my CT scan is over on the 12th - I've had a few of these before.
It is the wait for results that drives me crazy. Keep us posted Dreamy.

Originally Posted by Val J ->
We’re staying at an hotel near Hull for the weekend, just to break the monotony of being at home. What a gorgeous day it’s been too. Only a couple more days before your CT scan Ffosse, I know you have a busy week but then hopefully you can relax for a while.
How lovely Val, glad you are having a good time.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 11:47 AM

Thanks Val J and Sweetie.

This morning I got my blood taken and tomorrow I go for my CT scan. I've had one twice before but always get lost as it's in the main hospital out-patients dept which is hard to navigate. It's at 3:15 so I needn't have an early start.

Chemo on Wednesday, just the same, the nurses all know me by now; some of them recognise me from 2 years ago. I don't actually feel much different after chemo, just wanting to get home quickly.

Thursday is simply an appointment with my G.P.

It's the going into hospital for 4 days from the 21st I dread the most. I'm never comfortable there although the staff are all very cheery. I've got a couple of long books to read (well 1 book and an audiobook {my first} so should manage to keep my mind occupied). I'll make sure to keep posting on here.

I'm sure I'll miss some of the World Cup - there are TVs in the hospital if you're lucky to get a single room but they are tiny, it's like looking at a postage stamp. The one I recently bought I've become quite fond of and spend around 2 to 3 hours watching each day. I got a 32" Sony - just the cheapest HD one in Argos - which, although small by today's standards, is quite big in my small living-room. I really enjoyed the French Open and watched most of the matches.

Apart from all that my biggest problem is fatigue: I think it's all catching up with me, and if I leave my seat to do something mundane like putting my clothes in the washing machine I can get out of breath quite quickly. Today, walking to the doctors then the chemist (there are some drugs like the painkillers which I pick up weekly) and back really took it out of me. I think it's the cumulative effects of the chemo and I'll feel better once the course is finished.

I did get out on Friday, visiting John Lewis to return a faulty set of headphones and choosing a new pair. The difference between the old pair and the new was £119 - they offered to refund me but I opted for store credit and bought some clothes. I think I've got about £10 credit left - enough for a coffee and piece of cake sometime. It was nice to feel normal again, simply an ordinary shopper, but my back was killing me.

My chest infection seems to be getting slightly better and I'm continuing to take the new tablets until the course ends.

I hope you are continuing to do well, Val J, and will soon be better.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

11-06-2018, 11:54 AM

Thanks for the update Dreamy.
I used to take my own DVD player to the hospital.
Try and take things easy today, worry will just make things worse.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-06-2018, 12:06 PM

You've given me an idea: I could download films from Netflix onto my iPad and take that into hospital with me.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

11-06-2018, 12:07 PM

You've given me an idea: I could download films from Netflix onto my iPad and take that into hospital with me.
Yes, that would be a very good idea.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-06-2018, 12:17 PM

The thing I disliked most was being hooked up 24/7 with 2 cannulae - it really restricts movement. One is the saline/bicarbonate of soda; the other is the Methotrexate. Last time I made the decision while dreaming to bite through my drip (luckily it was just saline). I must tell the nurses this time if my Methotrexate can be started at around 9am (it's a 12 hour drip) so I will be safe whilst sleeping.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

11-06-2018, 12:32 PM

The thing I disliked most was being hooked up 24/7 with 2 cannulae - it really restricts movement. One is the saline/bicarbonate of soda; the other is the Methotrexate. Last time I made the decision while dreaming to bite through my drip (luckily it was just saline). I must tell the nurses this time if my Methotrexate can be started at around 9am (it's a 12 hour drip) so I will be safe whilst sleeping.
Good idea Dreamy, make a list of things to tell the staff.

Page 103 of 276 « First < 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top