Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 03:45 PM

Re: Glastonbury 2019

As much as I enjoyed much of what I watched I can do without ever seeing or hearing again...
..."HELLO GLASTONBURY!!!!!!!!!!"
...the artiste standing at the front of the stage with their arms raised to the heavens often...
...pointing their microphone at the crowd.
An oft repeated cliché just becomes bloody annoying.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I saw a bit of them before I went to work but I'm looking forward to watching their whole set this week sometime.

It's the 50th anniversary of Glastonbury next year and I've heard an amazing rumour that Pink Floyd may consider reforming for the one concert. Nick Mason and Roger Waters are definitely up for it. It's just getting David Gilmour on board which is going to be tricky. However, he has a new solo album due next year so you never know.
If this happens I WILL be there!
I might put my hearing aids in for that!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 04:13 PM

Yes it is rather obvious to the crowd where they are isn't it? Though some are probably too spaced out to notice

I saw the Manic Street Preachers in Hull a few years ago and Nicky Wire did in fact shout out "Hello Sheffield!". I'd had a few beers already and did have to think twice where I was tbh
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 05:11 PM

Justin Bieber shouted "Hello Wembley" when has was actually at the NEC in Birmingham.

At least I think it was Bieber......
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 06:31 PM

Glastonbury Festival: Security guard found dead in tent

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-48829370

The 60-year-old man, who worked for G4S, was found in his tent at 17:00 BST on Sunday but had not worked in the 24 hours before his death.

Avon and Somerset Police said the man's death was not thought to be suspicious and the coroner had been informed.

A spokesman for G4S, which provided 25 guards to the festival, said the man's next of kin had been told and "our thoughts are with his loved ones".
How sad - it seems that no-one had checked on his absence .....
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 09:05 PM

Watched Stormzy.......excellent, It felt important and I believe it was

Killers.......very good , as you would expect

Cure..........bloody brilliant.........no show boating, great music, great vocals and a brilliant 40 year back catalogue still sounding great in 2019.........
They , especially Robert Smith, no quarter asked, no quarter given just did what they do and did it brilliantly!

Enjoyed a bit of Sheryl Crow and Sharon Van Etten but didn't see too much else.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Watched Stormzy.......excellent, It felt important and I believe it was

Killers.......very good , as you would expect

Cure..........bloody brilliant.........no show boating, great music, great vocals and a brilliant 40 year back catalogue still sounding great in 2019.........
They , especially Robert Smith, no quarter asked, no quarter given just did what they do and did it brilliantly!

Enjoyed a bit of Sheryl Crow and Sharon Van Etten but didn't see too much else.....

I do wonder who we be seeing on stage when the established rock bands all start dying out. Will it all be younger rappers like Stormzy and chart acts like Ed Sheeran or Adele?

As guitar-based bands like The Killers and The Cure do not grace the singles charts anymore they at least used to and have those well-known hits which the organisers need for the TV audience.
Who will fly the flag at Glastonbury in say, 10 years time? There are some fantastic rock acts around such as Rival Sons or Temperance Movement who have scored massive albums and have supported very big names but are largely unknown to the general "Radio 1" crowd who want "the hits" all the time.
It's all Simon Cowell's fault.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

I do wonder who we be seeing on stage when the established rock bands all start dying out. Will it all be younger rappers like Stormzy and chart acts like Ed Sheeran or Adele?

As guitar-based bands like The Killers and The Cure do not grace the singles charts anymore they at least used to and have those well-known hits which the organisers need for the TV audience.
Who will fly the flag at Glastonbury in say, 10 years time? There are some fantastic rock acts around such as Rival Sons or Temperance Movement who have scored massive albums and have supported very big names but are largely unknown to the general "Radio 1" crowd who want "the hits" all the time.
It's all Simon Cowell's fault.
I agree.

Music is changing and Rock is going underground again.

There will be more urban, r&b, grime ,rap/hip hop and Trash Pop in the future.

I don't think Rock will die out and I think more foreign acts will be used.

Tbh 2019 wasn't the best ever ( as the BBC ALWAYS claims each year) but it was ok.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 05:10 PM

I found myself watching Kylie on Sunday, I don't know any of her music, but yes I know she's a national treasure (London's her preferred home). And I was pleasantly surprised to see both Nick Cave and Chris Martin joining in. Now I wouldn't have minded if they did a number from The Boatman's Call or Parachutes.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I found myself watching Kylie on Sunday, I don't know any of her music, but yes I know she's a national treasure (London's her preferred home). And I was pleasantly surprised to see both Nick Cave and Chris Martin joining in. Now I wouldn't have minded if they did a number from The Boatman's Call or Parachutes.
I did see the Nick Cave bit and I enjoyed that too, I will never understand the fuss about Chris martin though.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top