Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 09:56 PM

Questions for Floydy.

While I was waiting for the train to Doncaster on Saturday I saw a man wearing a T-Shirt with 'Pink Floyd' written on it - above a picture of a black and white cow!

a) Was it you ?

and

b) Why a cow ?
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 12:08 AM

Re: Questions for Floydy.

Perhaps he was employed by the Milk Marketing Board?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Perhaps he was employed by the Milk Marketing Board?
Pull the udder one.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 01:28 AM

We'll have to chew the cud on this until the big cheese gets here.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
While I was waiting for the train to Doncaster on Saturday I saw a man wearing a T-Shirt with 'Pink Floyd' written on it - above a picture of a black and white cow!

a) Was it you ?

and

b) Why a cow ?
Hi Tabby.
a) No it wasn't me. But it might have been Old Grey Fox. He lives near Doncaster

b) The cow signifies the sleeve from Atom Heart Mother, the 1970 album by Pink Floyd. It was a piece of work which was recorded after the physchedelic early years and during their early progressive musings which developed into their 1970's classic quintet of albums starting with Meddle through The Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals and ending with the genius of The Wall in 1979.

Atom Heart Mother's sleeve was actually an idea from bassist Roger Waters who basically said "Lets' drive into the countryside and take a photograph of the first thing we see". This turned out to be a cow (named 'Daisy') and they decided it would look good on their new album. There were no words at all on the sleeve, which was a common trait withing progressive rock albums at the time. The album reached No.1 in the UK chart and is beloved of many older Floyd fans as their favourite early record.

The album had just four songs but two were around 20 minutes long. The most accesible track from the album was probably "Fat Old Sun", a recent version by guitarist David Gilmour is shown perfromed below.

Any further questions on the band, please fire away
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 04:39 AM

Thanks, Floydy, that explains it - it did seem an odd thing to see on a Rock Band T-Shirt but he was looking harassed and I was too wary to ask him about it.

Besides - I knew that you would know!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

16-07-2019, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by floydy ->

any further questions on the band, please fire away
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 07:08 AM

Good job it was a July Saturday he was spotted, otherwise he would have been bloody Friesian.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

16-07-2019, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
good job it was a july saturday he was spotted, otherwise he would have been bloody friesian.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top