Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 09:31 PM

Re: Ink Cartridge or Ribbon?

I remember the DOS. Very confusing.

Yes, over 40 years in the workspace I have seen progression through all types of machinery. It's a wonder how each was an improvement on the last, so what's next I wonder?

Don't remember the pink stuff before Tippex, but do remember those silly Tippex sheets! And the ink erasers at the end of a pencil. Rub too hard and you scratched a hole nearly in the paper. And all those sheets of carbon for extra copies?

No. Gotta be the pc and printer for me. I'm with Julie1962 on this.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2013, 07:48 AM

I remember Dos well, I don't think I would bother again with it, would you if it was the only means of computing?
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2013, 03:06 PM

This thread has really got me meandering down Memory Lane! I started thinking about the old copying machines and Googled Gestetner (still going!) and I think that was stencil correction fluid I remember smelling good, I think it was spirit based and smelt of ether!

Who else remembers cutting stencils on a heavy typewriter and then fixing the fiddly things into the copying machine and TURNING THE HANDLE! The print quality was appalling!

Give me a computer and a printer any day.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2013, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by angieh ->
This thread has really got me meandering down Memory Lane! I started thinking about the old copying machines and Googled Gestetner (still going!) and I think that was stencil correction fluid I remember smelling good, I think it was spirit based and smelt of ether!

Who else remembers cutting stencils on a heavy typewriter and then fixing the fiddly things into the copying machine and TURNING THE HANDLE! The print quality was appalling!

Yes Angie darlin' I remember those. Do you remember (pre-computer) the Amstrad Word processor - I had one of those too.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2013, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by angieh ->

I was a shorthand typist in the 60s and my worst nightmare was the weekly balance sheet typed onto the stencil, the various accountants were forever nipping in and out of the office with changed figures, the sheet was covered in bright pink correcting fluid! It's a wonder the whole thing didn't fall apart when delicately peeling it off the backing and then wrapping it around the Gestetner. Black hands from that ink too!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top