Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 08:56 AM

Re: Share Your Quick Meal Recipes

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
LOL Doc..you know I am!
How about this then..drain a tin of spuds and slice them up fry them with cubed ham and beaten eggs and anything leftover absolutely delicious as a quick snack.

Love this Aysa which I also do using left over boiled spuds.

As I don't like tuna I won't be trying your waffly one...awaffly sorry
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 09:59 AM

At the weekend I did an omelette, with

Mushrooms and bacon cut up, throw in a couple of cherry tomatoes, also cut up, for colour, pour over eggs. Before it has set sprinkle some cheese.

Toast and a cup of tea.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 04:18 PM

Serve on a good quality plate. this one is simple but looks super:

Sautee onions and mushrooms chillies if you have them on hand
Add either salmon trimmings (Morrison's) or prawns. Add ready cooked pan noodles, (Amoy or Sainsbury's own brand). Heat and add Soy sauce or any preferred flavouring.

Stir for about 2 minutes then serve - I also have peas and sweetcorn but that is a matter of taste, salad would also be good.

Longest time taken, getting ingredients out of cupboard.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Myth and Magic ->
Serve on a good quality plate. this one is simple but looks super:

Sautee onions and mushrooms chillies if you have them on hand
Add either salmon trimmings (Morrison's) or prawns. Add ready cooked pan noodles, (Amoy or Sainsbury's own brand). Heat and add Soy sauce or any preferred flavouring.

Stir for about 2 minutes then serve - I also have peas and sweetcorn but that is a matter of taste, salad would also be good.

Longest time taken, getting ingredients out of cupboard.
Thanks for this M & M...will try it
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 12:08 PM

My all time favourite quickie meal which is delicious by itself or to accompany a meal - is the twice baked jacket potato.
they can be done in advance too.

Scrub as many jacket potatoes as you want to bake, (do not split them at the top as many people do, but just prick them all over and after preheating your oven to that which you usually bake your jacket potatoes on, bake them directly on the wire rack in oven (do not use the oven tray because you want them nice and crispy skinned.)If necessary, turn them around half way through baking.

When done and potatoes are nice and soft, bring them out and allow to cool for ten minutes or so. then cut them across the widest part but don't cut half way though, instead cut them three-quarters of the way up giving yourself a boat-shaped bottom plus a lid.

Once you have cut your potatoes to canoe shape size, scoop out all the potato ensuring you leave at least 1/2 inch of potato all around the inside of the canoe potato skin to ensure it stays firm and doesn't collapse or tear. Put all the scooped out potato into a bowl, including the potato from the lids (I bin the lids after that as don't need them).

Now comes the fun bit, mash your potato up (please do NOT mash it with a masher as it will be too gloopy) just use a fork to mash it, add seasoning to your liking and then add whatever filling takes your fancy. I love mixing cream cheese and chives with mine but hey, the world is your oyster when it comes to fillings but don't drown the potato mash with the filling !! Now place your filling gently back into the canoe skins and place them onto your oven tray which you can now use, bake them again for 25 to 30 minutes or so on reg 180/350/gas4 until golden brown and bubbling. (Oh, I usually sprinkle grated cheddar on top as well before putting them back in the oven)

Absolutely delicious and they can be done in batches before final cooking, I usually do 4 at a time, gently place them in a freezer bag on a small tray or largish plate and place in the freezer until I need them for the next quick meal.

Enjoy !!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 02:40 PM

Cut Rhubarb into chunks put in desert bowl sprinkle with sugar to taste ,
put in Micro for 2/3 minutes, While that is cooking make a pkt of Custard ,
When you take Rhubarb out crumble two fruit or plain scones over it then pour custard on .. Done in less than 5 minutes start to finish
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2015, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
My all time favourite quickie meal which is delicious by itself or to accompany a meal - is the twice baked jacket potato.
they can be done in advance too.

Scrub as many jacket potatoes as you want to bake, (do not split them at the top as many people do, but just prick them all over and after preheating your oven to that which you usually bake your jacket potatoes on, bake them directly on the wire rack in oven (do not use the oven tray because you want them nice and crispy skinned.)If necessary, turn them around half way through baking.

When done and potatoes are nice and soft, bring them out and allow to cool for ten minutes or so. then cut them across the widest part but don't cut half way though, instead cut them three-quarters of the way up giving yourself a boat-shaped bottom plus a lid.

Once you have cut your potatoes to canoe shape size, scoop out all the potato ensuring you leave at least 1/2 inch of potato all around the inside of the canoe potato skin to ensure it stays firm and doesn't collapse or tear. Put all the scooped out potato into a bowl, including the potato from the lids (I bin the lids after that as don't need them).

Now comes the fun bit, mash your potato up (please do NOT mash it with a masher as it will be too gloopy) just use a fork to mash it, add seasoning to your liking and then add whatever filling takes your fancy. I love mixing cream cheese and chives with mine but hey, the world is your oyster when it comes to fillings but don't drown the potato mash with the filling !! Now place your filling gently back into the canoe skins and place them onto your oven tray which you can now use, bake them again for 25 to 30 minutes or so on reg 180/350/gas4 until golden brown and bubbling. (Oh, I usually sprinkle grated cheddar on top as well before putting them back in the oven)

Absolutely delicious and they can be done in batches before final cooking, I usually do 4 at a time, gently place them in a freezer bag on a small tray or largish plate and place in the freezer until I need them for the next quick meal.

Enjoy !!
I do cheddar cheese on potatoes, using this method. I serve with chicken kiev and peas.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2015, 08:16 PM

My favourite toast topping is ham, pineapple and cheese, and melted under the grill. Mmmmm...
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2015, 10:27 PM

When I'm feeling incredibly lazy I combine 2 minute micro rice with cooked chicken breast pieces and a 20p jar of supermarket curry sauce, cheap and cheerful!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 09:34 PM

Some super quick ideas on here. thanks fellow posters, I'm going to try quite a few of them.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top